Getting Vibration/Force Feedback to Work

zetapulse
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: OnePlus 5T
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Getting Vibration/Force Feedback to Work

Postby zetapulse » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:02 pm

Has anyone been successful? Personally my controller doesn't have any rotors within it, so I was hoping I can get my phone to vibrate instead. However, every time I set it to something, it doesn't work, and I return to it only to find the setting disabled again.

Sorry, if there's a thread discussing this anywhere, I haven't found it, the forum's search isn't working and Google didn't find anything relevant.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Getting Vibration/Force Feedback to Work

Postby schtruck » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:34 pm

switch gamepad type to analog and activate forcefeedback then it will works

zetapulse
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: OnePlus 5T
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Re: Getting Vibration/Force Feedback to Work

Postby zetapulse » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:21 am

Thanks schtruck, that did get it to vibrate indeed. However it brought an issue up: setting gamepad type to Analog forces the on-screen D-pad and 4 shape buttons to show. Disabling on-screen gamepad model didn't work, and the settings to enable individual buttons are stuck on off; switching them on, exiting settings and then returning shows them as still off.

Another note related to Analog, since PSX gamepads had a button to enable/disable analog mode, it would be nice if there was a special on-screen button to switch between digital and analog gamepads.
Also another note (I'm sorry!), I found that Wipeout XL doesn't detect the gamepad when it's in analog mode.

Thank you for creating and maintaining this great app. It's a really important app to me.

Return to “Troubleshooting”