View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Accidentaly overwrote backup 
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
 Accidentaly overwrote backup
I sent my phone away to be repaired and just received it today, but they reset my phone (Which was not needed for the repair) but I kept my SD card. When I reinstalled FPSe, I accidentally tapped "backup my files" instead of "restore my files" and now hours of gameplay is gone. Is there any way I can get this back?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:55 pm
Guru

Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock
Post Re: Accidentaly overwrote backup
OUCH!!!!

I .. don't think so. All I can tell you is what I do, which is what I recommend.

- Backup your files as you did.
    - copy the save state and memory card directory somewhere else (using a file manager like astro).
    - point fpse to use the memcard and save state directories - menu, misc, save state/memory card, then browse to the folder/file.

the only thing I can recommend is that you plug the sdcard into your computer, then use a file recovery program to scan your card to see if there's anything you can recover. you should do that IMMEDIATELY, as the location on the card where the files exist may get overwritten - and then you have no hope. it may be too late now already. to get a file recovery program - google it. There are a lot, most want you to buy them, there are some that are free if you can find them in the flood of results.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]