View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Problems with latest version of FPse 
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY
Operating System: Android
ROM: 2.3.4
Post Problems with latest version of FPse
I just bought and installed the latest version from the Play Store yesterday, and it behaved good for a start. Although, it never seems to save my settings, regardless of if I choose to set them as default. Loading them does not work. So it always boots in stretched full screen for example. Also, after playing some FF VII, sound disappears completely (and sometimes the game freezes). FF IX used to work with great sound, but that's entirely gone after FF VII. Even the sound of the BIOS loading is gone, and even after rebooting the phone. I tried reinstalling FPse, but it came back after a while on FF VII again. I couldn't find any images of the version I have. It has a white, kind of blurry text menu. It looks kind of dodgy compared to the versions I've seen on images and videos. Sometimes it doesn't find my save states either.
Is there another version to get?
Help appreciated!

Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Guru

Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock
Post Re: Problems with latest version of FPse
a common issue is loading from save states. if games are loading with wrong settings (screen strecth) then that's probably not yoru issue though.

many settings need you to restart fpse for them to take effect / stick. I would try changing the setting, then immediately restarting fpse.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:27 pm
Fresh Fish

Thanks. It seems most settings save, except for the "Special Screen Setting", which is oddly placed under "Misc" and not "Video". I can live with it really, but I just wanna get the sound back. =/

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:04 pm
Guru

interesting. your sound issue sounds game specific, and it sounds like something may be corrupting - fpse keeps your settings between loads.

I recommend reinstalling FPSE - make sure to backup your savestate and memory cards before you do (sounds like you've already done tis before). go to misc, backup. It saves them to /sdcard/fpsebackup. I recommend you copy that to another location. Then uninstall fpse. then install. Then - do not import your old settings. From the misc menu, go to memcard and save state, and point fpse to the location you copied them to. I also recommend not restore from savestates at this point, only use mem card saves for now.

Then, configure fpse how you want it. Exit fpse, make sure the settings stick. Then make a shortcut to your game from misc, shortcut. The shorcut contains all your settings, so when you use the shortcut it will use the shortcut settings, and it (hopefully) won't save anything to the main fpse settings if anything gets corrupt. After things seem to be working, then start using save states again (if you dare).

Also, I would test on a different game to see if you're having issues with a different game.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:45 am
Fresh Fish

Thanks, bluezeak. I don't think it'll be necessary though. I simply installed a previous version, and it's been working great with that with different games (thus far at least).
If something goes wrong with this too, I'll try do that. Thanks for your advice!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:55 am
Guru

I know that one of the security / license checks fpse uses is to disable sound if the game isn't authentic. I bought fpse when I first heard about it so I've only heard about it. I've only ever used the current version so I don't know how to go back. I don't have a good backup program (which will kill me one day I suspect), but I think that's how others go back to previous versions.

anyway, I encourage you to use the current version - schtruck is continually updating it. I'm really curions about your issue. no one else has reported that issue that I know of.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]