Huge problem with settings

ShadowsDemise
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Note 4
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Huge problem with settings

Postby ShadowsDemise » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:27 pm

I recently bought FPSe (really regretting the purchase) and have been playing around with it for a few hours.

One of the biggest problems that I have with it is that the settings act so randomly. For example, I spent a while changing the settings to how I like but when I started a game some of my settings changes were undone. The gamepad settings are also a huge pain to deal with. I have a Moga controller so I disabled all of the onscreen buttons but they still show up when I start a game until I go into the settings and disable the Gamepad skin (which I have to do every time I start a game because FPSe doesn't remember that I disabled it).

I also have problems selecting video modes. I've been wanting to try out some of the different video modes but every time I select one it just stays on "Software Smoother Image".

Is there any way to make it so the settings changes actually stick or am I just stuck with this buggy piece of software?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Huge problem with settings

Postby schtruck » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:20 pm

i think you missunderstood how to use it in the best maner,

to change video mode for one game, stay pressed on to game icon and access to the context menu...

FPse include a very powerfull config system, i explain

By default, when you run FPse for the first time, you have just one generic config file

each time you change options without loading a game it will be applied to this generic config file

now if you run a game, it will get this generic config file the first time you run it then will store this config file only for itself

next time you load this game it will take its own config file , if you change options within game, it will change options into its own config file.

A reset settings from misc menu clear specific config file and initialize generic config file too.

Btw i don't rrecommend to play fast video mode on a note 4... use OpenGL and into Video menu you ll need to switch on somes options depending of the game , but many need offscreen drawing

ShadowsDemise
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Note 4
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Re: Huge problem with settings

Postby ShadowsDemise » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:29 am

Ok, I see how the settings work now. Thanks for clearing things up and thanks for the Note 4 tip!

Return to “General Discussion”