badkarma86
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: RCA RCT6103W46
Operating System: Android
ROM: FFVII

Key Mapping Fails

Postby badkarma86 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:41 pm

Hello!

I have very much been enjoying the app! One odd thing is that previously, like within the last week, I was able to use the USB keyboard that came with my tablet to play ROMs. I mapped through the settings as appropriate and everything was working great. Then out of nowhere, the keys wouldn't work. No amount of tweaking settings or clearing data would help; even completely reinstalling the app failed. The device I use is quite large and holding it for a long period of time to use the virtual controller is a lesson in endurance to say the least.

I did some testing myself and finally determined that the key mapping function in the settings is only remembering the last key entered. Like if I map the left key, right key, up key, and down key to their respective d-pad locations in that order, only the down key will function in-game.

Not sure if there is an easy fix like a setting I am missing, but I have been over every screen and tried just about everything I can think of to deal with it. Nothing has worked. Hopefully someone here can help!

Thanks,

Nick

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Key Mapping Fails

Postby schtruck » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:49 pm

in fact few keyboards works as pad button, i mean you receive 2 different message to press and release a key... most of all keybords send press and release message when you press the key and nothing when you release.. no idea how to use it as normal pad button

badkarma86
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: RCA RCT6103W46
Operating System: Android
ROM: FFVII

Re: Key Mapping Fails

Postby badkarma86 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:09 pm

I appreciate the very quick reply!

It seems strange that even though, as you say, these keyboards have real problems functioning in FPse, that I was able to play repeatedly several different ROM files using this same keyboard and mappings.

I've noticed that a fresh install of the app returned functionality to the d-pad on the keyboard, allowing my character to move around. However, none of the other controller functions are bound and so this is largely irrelevant. None of the command keys function because they do not come mapped at install. When I attempt to map them, the previous trouble of only seeming to be able to have a single key mapped at any time resurfaces, and also destroys my ability to move using the d-pad.

I hope you don't think I'm trying to harp on this too much - I simply had it working & suddenly it didn't.

Thanks so much for your time!

Nick

Return to “General Discussion”