Dualshock 4 and Better Controller Support

Methlodis
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 7 2013
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.*
ROM: stock

Dualshock 4 and Better Controller Support

Postby Methlodis » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:48 pm

Unfortunately I'm having issues with Setting up external controllers, the UI for it, and remembering/storing/saving how you set it up.

I am currently using the PS4 Dualshock 4 via OTG cable and when its set-up to FPSE, it works wonderfully. All buttons are pretty much fully compatible. But I have issues where FPSE will not remember how I set it up when I first input the buttons. Having a system where I can save my own button templates other than having the 'other' tab would be wonderful so I can map it once and it saves it to a file that won't be reset by updates or disconnecting the controller. I would also like to see native support to the Dualshock 3 and 4, so FPSE automatically recognizes them and sets up the button input.

If that is too hard the set up, then a redisgn for mapping the UI keys. As of right now I have to select each button individual and then press them on the controller to map them. Then when I map a key it scrolls back up to the top of the controls list. I would like to see a fix for this, and an option that lets me start a process that maps all my buttons, by telling me which I need to press and selecting it untill all have been mapped. Another option would be a visual map of a psx controller than I can select the button and map it out.

The most important feature here is just to remember what I use and what the button mappings are so I don't have to constantly remap the controls, PLEASE! Cheers.

mayiio
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: galaxy tab a
Operating System: android
ROM: stock

Re: Dualshock 4 and Better Controller Support

Postby mayiio » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:05 am

How did you made the ps4 controller work i have a galaxy tab a but the controller seems to only work with the direction arrows and left stick

Return to “General Discussion”