Can't access external SD card anymore.

Nick255
Primary Device: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock, rooted, and deodexed

Can't access external SD card anymore.

Postby Nick255 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:57 am

I just recently upgraded and now I can't access files on my external SD card anymore. Whenever I try to do so I can only access files in the sony subdirectory (/mnt/extSdCard/sony) which is where my music unlimited stuff is. Is there any way around this short of moving my ISOs and such in there or simply uninstalling music unlimited and switching to rhapsody instead?

heatl0rd
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
ROM: CyanogenMod 10.1

Re: Can't access external SD card anymore.

Postby heatl0rd » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:47 am

Im also having this issue. I cant see or access anything on my SD card. I just purchased the app and i cant even use it because my paint storage is full and is to troublesome to move things around.

Dev please respond!!! :(

Nick255
Primary Device: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: Stock, rooted, and deodexed

Re: Can't access external SD card anymore.

Postby Nick255 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:55 am

heatl0rd wrote:Im also having this issue. I cant see or access anything on my SD card. I just purchased the app and i cant even use it because my paint storage is full and is to troublesome to move things around.

Dev please respond!!! :(

I managed to work around it by using Directory Bind to (more or less) symlink a directory on my SD card to the internal memory http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1410262 . Fortunately, all my ROMs and ISOs including the BIOS and PS1 savestates were in the same directory (00A-Roms so it would always be near the top in directory listings) so it wasn't too much of a problem. Still it shouldn't be necessary to have to use a hack like that (which is normally used to let you keep things like your kindle/nook ebooks and rhapsody/music unlimited offline music on the SD card) when the app is supposed to support external SD cards natively. Note that Directory Bind requires root access to work.

Return to “General Discussion”