Nexus 10 compatibility (FF7)

SaberClash
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 10
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Nexus 10 compatibility (FF7)

Postby SaberClash » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Looking for some help from any other Nexus 10 users. I bought FPse specifically to use my Nexus 10 to play Final Fantasy 7. I was excited when I first loaded it up, and it began working, but the graphics looked rather terrible. I noticed that opengl was not enabled by default, so I went ahead and tried to turn it on and have never been able to get it to work on my Nexus 10. With opengl the background often has black boxes scattered across it and the game runs at a very poor framerate.

I am wondering if there are certain settings that I must enable or disable to get this game to work in opengl. As I previously stated, the game does work with opengl disabled, but it doesn't look very pretty to say the least. I am hoping someone can provide a fix for all of us Nexus 10 users that really want to have a good experience.

Thanks again for any help that can be provided.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Nexus 10 compatibility (FF7)

Postby bluezeak » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:16 pm

Did you see the game specific forums? There's one for ff7, and months ago I poosted the settings for ff7.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2139&start=146

I recommend you browse through there. A lot of the info is old, and some of the things people complained of have been fixed. but there's still good information.

One significant thing to consider aside from OpenGL is audio. You need spusync. your phone should be able to handle the reverb and extra sounds. if you have any other issues you may need to on in the 'reduced latency'. If you do, be sure to go to the misc menu and configure it. 3000 or 2000 are probably low enough.

The next version of fpse is supposed to have on online database for OpenGL settings. If that works well it will be AWESOME.

On a high res screen like yours, the software mode gfx will just look TERRIBLE. OpenGL is fantastic. The experimental OpenGL will (in the future) have the ability to lower the screen resolution so it won't push your hardware so hard.

I'm going to lock this thread. let me know how it works for you on that thread I linked.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”