Can't map bluetooth keyboard to controls

Nick255
Primary Device: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock, rooted, and deodexed

Can't map bluetooth keyboard to controls

Postby Nick255 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:50 pm

I have been trying to map bluetooth keyboard (actually, a Red Samurai controller in keyboard mode) buttons to gamepad controls but my button mapping keeps getting erased. I have to go in several times to map things to both the D pad and analog stick and even then every so often I will lose the mapping completely, presumably whenever the bluetooth device is disconnected and those "hardware buttons" are no longer present.

What are the chances of keeping "hardware" button mappings even when the hardware is no longer there so I don't have to go in and set it up again every single time I start fpse?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Can't map bluetooth keyboard to controls

Postby bluezeak » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:02 pm

Its been a while since I messed with my Bluetooth keyboard and i confess I never tried to map buttons to it - but I can tell you that for me bluetooth is very finicky. I often have to redo settings for bluetooth devices I have, and a device that is multifunction like you describe seems like it's destined to have issues. If your device has a forum of its own (on the manufacturers website) you may ask there.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”