Destruction Derby sometimes goes too fast

phils7
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 4
Operating System: Android

Destruction Derby sometimes goes too fast

Postby phils7 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi

I originally used FPse on my HTC Desire a good while ago to play Destruction Derby. It ran really well on that device. I then moved up to a Galaxy S2 which is when I began to experience some odd speed changes. Specifically when the car was in a corner the game would go 2 or 3 times the normal speed.

Now I have a Nexus 4 and the issue is exactly the same as on the S2.

I have played around with the settings but I have no idea what I'm doing.

If anyone knows why this occurs and if there's anything that can be done to resolve it I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

phils7
Fresh Fish

Re: Destruction Derby sometimes goes too fast

Postby phils7 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:06 am

Hi

Yes that's correct. No matter what limit I set, certain parts of the game are still much faster than others. So with the limiter I can either get it to Slow / Normal speed game play or normal / fast. I can't seem to get a happy medium between the 2.

I can try and record the screen after work and post a video of my settings and the issue if it would be of help in diagnosing the problem.

Thanks

phils7
Fresh Fish

Re: Destruction Derby sometimes goes too fast

Postby phils7 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi

I was playing with Which ever the default is in the app, I presume 'Old Software Mode'.

I tried setting frameskip and framelimit but it didn't make a noticeable difference.

I tried OpenGL and OpenGL ES2 blitting.

OpenGL caused generally slower performance. But the graphics were noticiably better. The game speed was much slower than I previously experienced, the issue was still present although not as noticeable due to the overall speed decrease.

OpenGL ES2 blitting was very similar to Old software mode.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions and I'll be happy to give them a shot.

Thanks

Return to “General Discussion”