Two gamepads

tzk
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: acer a510
Operating System: android
ROM: stock

Two gamepads

Postby tzk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:25 pm

Hello! Trying to run two chinese gamepads trough usb cabel. With miniusb>usb>usb hub>two different gamepads. At the begining all look fine, mapping buttons, both gamepads works, but in game they both do the same. Pressing on any gamepad any button and they work for both players. Like if I press jump, both players will jump. In usb/bt joystick center it shows two different joystick names, so why fpse don't recognize them like two different gamepads?
Model: Acer Iconia Tab A510
Rom: stock
Version:4.1.2

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Two gamepads

Postby schtruck » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:07 am

you just need to map them from HW key mapping, for Pad1 and Pad2

tzk
Fresh Fish

Postby tzk » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:09 am

but i did it at first. Then I tried to make for one with pad1 hw button mapping and second with multitouch buttons, effect was one. When i was trying to make it for one player with external gamepad and second with overlay gamepad, then i was making moving buttons with multitouch for overlay gamepad(set it as pad1). And for pad1 hide moving buttons from screen and set them to hw buttons which i don't use. Because when was pressing moving buttons on external gamepad(pad2), they were pressing for pad1 too. Think the problem is , that thoose external gamepads act like keyboard. I can use arrows(up,down,right,left) elsewhere on android without setting them somewhere.. Maybe there is possobility to turn on some kind of debug, so i can see which button for which player I am pressing. Or in hw button mapping choose which joystick use. Hope you understand something from my text. If don't, just ask.

tzk
Fresh Fish

Postby tzk » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:22 am

Today tried some more times. And get that buttons for gamepads are the same. But where is square,circle,cross and triangle they are in other order(for one order is 1-2-3-4 starting from cross, for other 3-4-1-2 starting from cross). And when i mapped hw buttons for pad1 only, tried to play with both gamepads. And both of them work, but for one cross was kick and for other punch in tekken3. So yes, he gets both gamepads as one, because buttons are the same. But i configured bt/usb joystick center, where he finds two different gamepads, set up drivers and set for each gamepad different buttons. For one abcdefghij and second 0123456789 and all work perfect now. So now you can close topic.

Return to “General Discussion”