Unable to change or save video settings in OpenGL

jondoe
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S III
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Unable to change or save video settings in OpenGL

Postby jondoe » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:14 pm

Tried searching the forum and the faq for answers but could'nt find any. My problem is that any changes i make in the video settings with OpenGL won't transfer to the games. After I've made the changes and load a game the message "please restart FPse to apply all options for this game" pops up. I close the application and restart the game and the same message pops up. A quick look in the video settings shows that they've been changed back to original "profile" for the game. Likewise, the games don't show any traces of the applied options. The only setting that seems to stick is "print fps".

I've tried all the combinations (changing the settings after loading a game, then restarting the application, changing the settings again and reloading the game etc), and even reinstalling the app, but nothing works. Really disappointing since recently bought Fpse I think its an awesome emulator, but i really feel I cant get the most out of it if i cant change any of the settings.

Any help or answers would be very appreciated.

Using a Samsung galaxy s 3 if that helps.

chutia
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.0.4

Re: Unable to change or save video settings in OpenGL

Postby chutia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:05 am

There was a new feature implemented in a recent version that implemented OpenGL profiles for a few popular games. This means that fpse sets the appropriate settings for a game automatically to get best results! 8-)

Unfortunately I dont think there is a way to disable the profiles atm....but the profile setting work great on my phone. :D

an option to disable profile in a future version would be great......

:|

jondoe
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S III
Operating System: Android

Re: Unable to change or save video settings in OpenGL

Postby jondoe » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:16 am

Thanks for the information.

But to be clear, no one can actually change the video settings in OpenGL at the moment? Or is it just me?

Return to “General Discussion”