Fresh Fish
Primary Device: SE Xperia Acro SO-02C
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

FPSE backup missing save files.

Postby Jemuel » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:44 am

CP: Xperia Acro (SO-02C)
Android 2.3.4

I decided to reset my phone so the first thing I do is back up my fpse using the "back-up all files". I then copied my memory card ito my pc and then confirm if there's the "fpsebackup" folder in there so im really sure that I copied it.

Then I proceed to reset my phone and then copied the backup folder from my pc to my phone again and when I tried to restore the backup, It load but MY FFIX saves are missing! what could be the problem?

Jemuel
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: SE Xperia Acro SO-02C

Re: FPSE backup missing save files.

Postby Jemuel » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:49 am

Nevermind. I found my savefiles in another folder. It looks like the back up option is useless. The saves are in the .fpse folder. The back up option should save the games in the fpsebackup folder as what I have read in the manual.

Question: how do I delete a savestate saved inside the internal storage? I cant find the path where I save it internal storage but Im sure i save atleast 2 savestates there. Does clearing the cached deletes it?

cartman-2000
Primary Device: Motorola DROID razr
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Cyanogen mod 9

Postby cartman-2000 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:57 pm

The backups only gets the config files for the app, not the memory card files or save states.

I believe that those save state files are supposed to be in that .fpse folder, not really sure as I have mine saved to my external micro sd card.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic

Postby bluezeak » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:43 am

Jemuel, you had a duplicate thread. I deleted it.

People were having problems with FPSE overwriting save files sometimes when upgrading, and losing savefiles when trundling, so...

Schtruck moved the save files to /sdcard/.fpse. Now, the backup option backs up configuration info, but not the save game info, because the save game info isn't in the install folder.

Of you didn't overwrite your sdcard when you reloaded your phone, they'll be in /sdcard/.fpse. You need to be using a file browser that can see hidden files/folders to see it.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”