FPSE treats game as an audio cd

Edosaurus Rex
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S II (SGH-T989)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3

FPSE treats game as an audio cd

Postby Edosaurus Rex » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Hello everyone,

I am having issues getting a game up and running.

The emulator boots up perfectly fine, but when it should load the game it instead goes to the playstation's audio cd menu (just like when you put an audio cd into a Playstation). The game I am trying to play is Star Ocean: the Second Story, and it is a .img file type. I have tried changing the settings for Fast Boot, Dynamic Interpreter, and Spusync but none have had an effect on my problem. Also, i do have the standard bios loaded.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S II (SGH-T989) which is running Android 4.0.3.

I'm wondering if maybe it is a problem with the ROM I am trying to load? I don't have any other ones on my device yet so it is the only one I have tried. The ROM does seem to work on a different emulator on my same device, but I noticed a bug that kinda makes the game unplayable (every time I hit triangle to open the menu, the game freezes). Which is why I downloaded FPSE in the first place. I figured it would be more stable of an application. It may just be my ROM though.

Has anyone seen this problem before? I tried searching the forum for it but every time i did the search ignored all of my key words because they were too common. (music, audio cd, etc)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edosaurus Rex
Fresh Fish

Re: FPSE treats game as an audio cd

Postby Edosaurus Rex » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:03 pm

I'm honestly not sure...

How would I know if it shows file extensions?

Edosaurus Rex
Fresh Fish

Re: FPSE treats game as an audio cd

Postby Edosaurus Rex » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Well I finally got another game on there, and it seems to work just fine. I'll just have to actually rip an ISO from my original Star Ocean discs (I was too lazy to do that in the first place because I can't seem to find the discs, so i just downloaded that .img file of the game). The other game i just tried was in fact ripped from the original game disc and works, so I'll just keep doing that to ensure that I get a good ISO each time.

Now time to go find my copy of Star Ocean...

Return to “General Discussion”