Skyrocket user (SGH-I727). FPse crashing when I minimize.

Moonlooper
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
Operating System: Android 4.0.4

Skyrocket user (SGH-I727). FPse crashing when I minimize.

Postby Moonlooper » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:49 am

Hi, new here. Couldn't find this topic so here is my issue. For the most part, I'm having no problems. But when I receive a phone call or minimize the game for whatever reason, FPse usually crashes. I've also noticed that when I minimize, whatever sound is playing will just keep ringing until I return to my game. When this occurs FPse doesn't crash, as far as I have noticed. Is this a common issue? Apologies if this question has already been answered. Thought perhaps it was something simple I just overlooked. Settings are currently default.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Skyrocket user (SGH-I727). FPse crashing when I minimize

Postby bluezeak » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:20 am

There's s difference between 'crash' and 'stops running'. 'crash' = the Android 'force close' dialog box. Stop running = you have to reload game, but no error.

For me, FPSE will often stop running if I go to another app (including phone calls). Usually it will keep running if the phone runs though.

I have not had the issue where three sound does not stop. That would be frustrating.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Moonlooper
Fresh Fish

Postby Moonlooper » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Sorry, I'll clarify. When I go back its black screen except for the FPse banner at the top that appears. Then it force closes and the dialog box pops up.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Hmm ... That sounds like a full fledged crash. I don't know what to day about that ... Dors it happen all the time, sometimes, or rarely? Is this new since the recent update?

Moonlooper
Fresh Fish

Postby Moonlooper » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:16 pm

It has always done this fairly often. And I don't know if anyone else is viewing this thread anymore, but since the most recent update, I CANT OPEN ANY GAMES. It goes to my .iso selection page then once I try to open it, straight to frozen black screen. This app was perfect for the most part for 2 weeks and now its slowly falling apart. Further frustrated by the fact that I spent money on it, and only just recently was able to even use it. Sorry for ranting. Just aggravated

I'm now far less concerned with the crashing and am worried that I lost my game after 20 good hours... I didn't want to make a new thread, but I beg of this mighty community tto help a brother out.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:39 am

I presume that worry the later updated FPSE was working for your. you shouldn't have lost you're saves.

Return to “General Discussion”