Please Help

Kulolan
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Motorola Defy
Operating System: Android

Please Help

Postby Kulolan » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:09 am

Hey everyone I'm brand new to these forums. I am a little confused here. I am trying to play FFVII on my android phone. Now I have the original discs for this game and i ripped them onto my computer through the program MagicDisc. By doing each disc I got a .bin file and a .que file. Now I understand it says to make a BIOS File? By Having these files on my computer is there anyway i can convert these to a bios? if that is able to be done then all I would have to do is put the file to sdcard/downloads? Correct? Thank you in advance!

Kulolan
Fresh Fish

Re: Please Help

Postby Kulolan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:05 pm

Alright I did it I got it to work! lol Thank you for your help. The sound is a little choppy is that normal because its an emulator? I have android version 2.2.1

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:15 am

Specifically those 3 settings. They're the main ones that should help.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Kulolan
Fresh Fish

Postby Kulolan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:46 pm

Now i been playing it and i am at a certain point in ffvii and it just freezes. I tried to reload and reset settings and its still frozen everytime i try to resume the
game. Any ideas.why.this is happening? Also i have no movie scenes is that normal too lol

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:14 am

no, its not normal to have no sound. you have no sound in ANY videos? what about the opening video when you start a new game?

which part are you stuck on, exactly?

what version of fpse do you have? are you using the new blitter mode, old software mode, or OpenGL?

Kulolan
Fresh Fish

Postby Kulolan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:04 pm

Ok here we go. Ever since the beginning even the opening scene it was replaced with a grey screen that appeared for maybe 3 seconds then the game took off from when that scene was completed. Every scene was like that. There was no sound or anything just the grey screen. Ive played the game years ago so i kinda remember the movie scenes but not too big of a deal for me. Now I am at the part where Don Corneo opens the trap door or w/e and u are sent to the sewers and then u are automatically in a battle. I was able to to pull off Tifa's Limit Break and now its frozen at the wheel of her limit break. I have the game saved right when her limit break takes off. Its frozen everytime i reload it. I tried resetting all settings to default and nothing. It runs fine if I restart from the beginning. Now I dont know what mode I am using or how to find that out but i can tell you I have version 0.11.45 for the fpse application. I got the file for the game by ripping my own discs I own too btw.

cartman-2000
Primary Device: Motorola DROID razr
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Cyanogen mod 9

Postby cartman-2000 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:55 am

This freeze happens in software rendering mode, had the same thing happen to me. If you run in open gl mode(not sure if the new blit mode has the same problem.), you should be able to get past that part.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:47 pm

You change modes by going to the misc menu and choosing old software or OpenGL.

Since this topic is now pretty focused on ff7, I recommend picking it up / continuing it here...
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2139

on a side note, do NOT trust save states. Use the save to memory card option. Save states should be an extra / bonus option, but always save to memory card.

Return to “General Discussion”