Problems

Synnamon
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Droid Razr

Problems

Postby Synnamon » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:20 am

So here is where it is, two different games, when I go to open either one I hit the PlayStation product of Sony etc screen and it stops there. What am I doing wrong? I saw that there were similar posts about the file not being right so how do I make it a working file?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Problems

Postby bluezeak » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:47 pm

What exactly is your problem? Are your saying you get to the playstation bios splash screen, but then when the actual game starts to load, it freezes on a black screen?

If so, that's a classic symptom of a bad ISO. Do your ISOs work on a different emulator, like epsxe for the PC? You can try to go to menu, misc, reset settings, but I think your ISOs may be bad.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Synnamon
Fresh Fish

Postby Synnamon » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:37 pm

It gets to the black screen with the PS logo and stops on that. Frame rate goes on . I will try them on my laptop later... is there a PC version of this app? If not I can try with the emulator I know works PC wise because if it's bad, it shouldn't play either way correct?

Synnamon
Fresh Fish

Postby Synnamon » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:01 pm

.bin and. Cue and I get to the psx symbol on the black background with nothing strange on screen.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:48 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:ISO may work on a PC emulator, but won't work with Fpse because it requires "pure" iso

When you see the PSX start screen (bios), you'll see first the orange "square" logo, then you're supposed to see PLAYSTATION at the bottom, and the PSX logo in clours on a black background. If you just see PLAYSTATION but not the PSX logo in colors, or if you read weird symbols around the screen, the iso is corrupted.

BTW, what is your file? Is it an iso, bin, img other ?

I didn't know that. could you post a screenshot of what it's supposed to look like frenchaddict?

Synnamon - did you try in both the default 'blitter' and also the 'old software' modes? do they both fail the same way? I would be interested to know if it works on your pc.

do other games work? if not, you may want to try going to misc menu and choose 'reset', or even uninstall and reinstall fpse.

Synnamon
Fresh Fish

Postby Synnamon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:04 am

I have only tried two games so far. Both modes. Is there a PC version of this app or should I try a different emulator to see if the files work there? Sorry I didn't answer earlier, was at work

The two games are Grandia, and the first digimon. I'm really hoping to get either to work as they are the main reason I got the app, I mean FF7 is always nice but I have beaten that lords knows how many times. Wonder if I should try that one next. I was randomly browsing posts and saw a few where RAZR users have had issues... maybe it is the phone paired with the app? More likely its not but you never know.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:10 am

Epsxe for PC

Return to “General Discussion”