Pocket ISO crashing, and sound issues

Zymmit
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy S 3
Operating System: Windows 7 64
ROM: stock

Pocket ISO crashing, and sound issues

Postby Zymmit » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:13 am

Hi All, I just downloaded this for my ATT GS3 yesterday, and am having some problems.

My goal is simply to play games as I remember them, sound included.

Ideally, I would like to just play games uncompressed, but regardless if I use a cue or bin, there is always terrible sound crackle and stutter, FPS stays at 60.

Even if I did not want music, pocketiso is crashing on 90% of the games I attempt to compress (Street fighter worked). Note that I have a 64GB external card, so file size is not an issue for me. I am downloading ROMS, not ripping myself, I would rip them if I could, but they are in my mothers basement across the state, waiting for her grandkids to play.

If I can play games without the sound issues, that would be ideal, if that is not an option, my second choice would be sound without music, but that would require getting pocketiso to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a Galaxy S 3, full stock, ATT, 64GB sandisk class 10 card, I have the app on my phone, games on my card
running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64
using pocketISO 3.2 (I also tried 3.1)

Main games I want to play: FF VII (havent even tried this yet) CTR, MK4, Castlevania, FF Tactics, and Tekken 3.

Thanks

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Pocket ISO crashing, and sound issues

Postby bluezeak » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:13 am

Downloading games is not supported. I understand your situation, but FPSE cannot condone any illegal activity.

Pocket ISO was good for the windows ce version of FPSE, it doesn't work for the Android version. Congrats in getting it to work on street fighter :D. Recommendation - don't used it at all for FPSE for Android.

The developer (schtruck) had been continually updating the sound for FPSE. Its not quite 100%, but I would say its 99%. See for yourself.

Most sound issues cine not from audio problems, but from issues of the game playing irratically - the frames pet second (fps) are not constant. With a high end device you should not have that problem. You can enable frame limiter to make the game play at normal spotters, and frame skip if needed to make it ruin at max speed. Both keeps games at consistent fps. Also, 'boost' mode (from system options) heels many games run faster if needed (though it breaks done games).

Finally, in the audio menu, most / many games need the spusync option. Very recently, schtruck added the new 'enhanced audio' option that enables more sound effects for some games. I always play with spusync, but only rarely with enhanced audio.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”