Metal Gear Solid disc 2, error at 1st cut scene

jason
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: droid RAZR
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock ICS

Metal Gear Solid disc 2, error at 1st cut scene

Postby jason » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:34 pm

So, I'm having a problem with disc 2 of Metal Gear Solid—it loads OK but then freezes at the 1st cut scene. I get a message that reads "*error* Fpse has exited, Stop all applications and services to free memory and restart" but I don't think memory is the issue. The game also freezes if i try to use the codec, but Fpse doesn't give me an error message. I'm not sure if this is a software issue or an issue with the rom... i could use some help.

I'm running the latest version of Fpse (0.11.41) on a DROID RAZR. Other than this little problem, i love the emulator—and the great support.

Thanks

jason
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: droid RAZR
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock ICS

Re: Metal Gear Solid disc 2, error at 1st cut scene

Postby jason » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:13 am

Thanks for your reply, I actually just solved my problem. I had been getting along on save states (not saving in-game) so I decided to try going back to the moment I was prompted to change discs and and save in-game directly after loading disc 2. Then I restarted Fpse, chose disc 2 in the start menu, selected my memory card and continued playing like nothing was ever wrong. Now I feel a little dumb, but at least I can finish my game.

Thanks again

Return to “General Discussion”