Iantheo
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Operating System: ANDROID
ROM: Stock

Galaxy Note N7000 & OpenGl Plugin Issue

Postby Iantheo » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:03 am

Hey Guys,

Got and issue here with my Galaxy NOTE N7000 and the opengl plugin. FF7 is virtually unplayable due to crashing at the first battle scene and in XenoGears, the first video scene (burning village of lahan) comes out as a blank screen. I've searched the forum and found that the only solution is to play on software mode but I'd really prefer to play with opengl. I've followed bluezeak's instruction (great opengl instructions btw) and settings to no avail. I'm on 0.11.39 fpse, downloaded the latest opengl plugin in-app. And it seems people with galaxy s3 & s2 are having the same issue. I just wanted to know if there is a solution for this or if I just have to wait for an update fix? Seems like a common issue on mali400 gpu devices?

Thanks,

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Galaxy Note N7000 & OpenGl Plugin Issue

Postby bluezeak » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:18 pm

First off - thank you for looking it up before you posted!! And thanks for the compliment :).

Yes, the S2 is a bit underpowered ... or just has other issues. And the S3 has some known issues as well - both the mali-400 and the adreno 225 (for different reasons I think). The common answer is chainfire3d - seems you've read my post, but I'll again state the warning about chainfire3d. see my post again for more info on the warning and on using chainfire3d (see my signature for link).

Also, the S3 has been tested with different ROMs, and there's one that (currently) works better. I can't remember what it's called (freeS3?) - see my post.

Schtruck is pretty focused on getting other stuff working, I don't know if he's going to spend much time on opengl for a while - we'll see. OpenGL is pretty hardware specific - it always was (back on the computer). Some hardware / drivers work better. And that means for us that some hardware / ROMs work better (since drivers are more or less built into the ROMs - I've not heard of a way to upgrade drivers without applying a new ROM). You would think that new ROMs would work BETTER ... (sigh) seems that is not always the case.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:23 pm

what made you decide to do a new post instead of posting in my opengl thread? a couple people have done that, and only one person (maybe?) has posted a question in that thread. Just curios.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Iantheo
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Operating System: ANDROID
ROM: Stock

Postby Iantheo » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Hey bluezeak thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. Yes I did read about the chainfire3D but I'm still undecided if I want to root my phone at the moment. Seeing the perks of rooting I just might, but not now.

I did see posts about this same issue on the FF7 thread, most didn't receive a solution, so I thought I'd make a new topic to get a direct answer. I probably should've just posted this on your opengl thread.

Seems like the only solution is to run different rom and use chainfire3d.

Return to “General Discussion”