FPSE + OpenGL + Galaxy S III

Aubins
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S III
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

FPSE + OpenGL + Galaxy S III

Postby Aubins » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:23 am

Hey everyone, sorry if this has been asked and resolved already...but I've been searching and can't find a decent answer anywhere.

So here goes:

I've been playing FF VII on my Galaxy S III (stock) and it was running great. Great speed, great stability, ect. However the pixels annoyed the crap out of me. So I started tinkering around with the app and found the opengl plugin option. I installed the opengl from the app itself, and after some settings adjustments, the game looked amazing, ran fast, ect....or so I thought.

Basically the opening movie and first area where you run next to the train worked fine...but as soon as a battle scene started, it looked like it locked up. Turns out it just lags almost to a stall....theres no battle entrance animation...and the battle scene itself is without menus.

Also it looks like a lot of the actual "menu" parts of the screen are missing textures...or just random rainbow colors....or just not there.

Anyone know why this is? I don't want to mess with my phone's actual rom just quite yet....just seeing if theres any reason why opengl is failing so miserably.

Thanks in advance!

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: FPSE + OpenGL + Galaxy S III

Postby bluezeak » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:41 am

please use the game specific thred for your question. Read through the FF7 thread, esspecially the last 3 or 4 pages (specifically trippy86's post, who says he has a S3). If your question is not answered, post again there.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2139
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”