Angelusz
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: ASUS Padfone
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Stock Rooted

Sixaxis DS3 + FPse

Postby Angelusz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:55 am

Hey there!

I bought this app off the play store yesterday and started tinkering around with it. I installed a BIOS (7003) and made sure I had my games in ROM format (.bin).

I can already start games, so the basics have been laid down.

Now I run into trouble when trying to use my Dualshock 3 controller using Sixaxis. I can use this controller and input method just fine in any other application so far.

However, when I try to use sixaxis in this emulator, the controls are very buggy. X and O seem to be ''back'' buttons, where Square and Triangle are 'ok', or what I would normally expect for X. This is all using 'native android' controls.

I have been digging around in the FPse control settings, but there doesn't seem to be any way to reconfigure this - all the bindings are set properly, e.g. triangle is triangle etc. - every button there is mapped the way it should be.

Does anyone have experience with this, and perhaps some advice? Thanks in advance!

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Sixaxis DS3 + FPse

Postby bluezeak » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:38 am

see this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3781

and this one:
www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3782

please let us know if those help you
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Angelusz
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: ASUS Padfone
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Stock Rooted

Re: Sixaxis DS3 + FPse

Postby Angelusz » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Thanks for your reply. I've now configured Sixaxis to emulate the keyboard and it works. I wonder why it doesn't work with the native gamepad setting though - that's a weird choice to make, but perhaps this emulator will add support for that later on.

Cheers!

Return to “General Discussion”