Random freezes in Tab 2 10.1"

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Random freezes in Tab 2 10.1"

Postby bluezeak » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:11 am

the new softwre mode (blitter) is SLOWER for you? you don't turn it on - it's the default. you have to turn on opengl, or 'old software mode' from misc menu. after that, you can go back to 'opengl 2 blitter'.

if opengl2 blitter is slow for you, go back to the old software mode from the misc menu.

Schtruck probably would like a logcat so he can see what's going on - use the 'alogcat' program.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

ram
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Operating System: Android

Postby ram » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:46 am

bluezeak wrote:the new softwre mode (blitter) is SLOWER for you? you don't turn it on - it's the default. you have to turn on opengl, or 'old software mode' from misc menu. after that, you can go back to 'opengl 2 blitter'.

if opengl2 blitter is slow for you, go back to the old software mode from the misc menu.

Schtruck probably would like a logcat so he can see what's going on - use the 'alogcat' program.

Unfortunately, it is slower. The old software mode runs perfect for me, but as I wrote, freezes randomly. I'll try the alogcat application and post results.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:56 pm

The old software mode should not freeze if you turn on the system option 'force monocore' or turn off the video option hardware acceleration.

What game runs slower in blitter? How much slower?
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”