Nexus 7 help (although unsupported)

daetonw
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: nexus7

Nexus 7 help (although unsupported)

Postby daetonw » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Hello,
first time user here, I downloaded your fpse ap from the app store and im amazed how well it looks, and there are quite a few good reviews for it for the Nexus 7
the issue is that on my Nexus 7 i seem to get quite a bit of slow down on the music specifically, occasionally it wont work at all I have changed the music settings assing the spusync also upped the frame skip
it also crashes quite a bit giving the error tray open
any suggestions? or should I wait for the official fpsx for the nexus 7
Thanks

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Nexus 7 help (although unsupported)

Postby bluezeak » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:29 am

fpse is not officially supported on the nexus 7? I didn't know that.
(fps = frames per second = how fast game plays)

[list]
- spusync - needed by many games. I always have it on. turning it off can give you more fps if you need it.
- most sound problems are caused by fps proplems. if your fps are not steady / constandt, you will have issues with the sound being inconsistent / not steady. Frameskip and framlimiter can help you get more constant / consistent fps.
- frameskip - by default, this will try to get your fps up to (50 for PAL games, 60 for ntsc games). the setting you're talking about lets you make it lower so that games run smoother. for example - if your fps are at 30, and frameskip bumps it up to 60, you are skipping a LOT of frames and the game will be 'jumpy'. if you force it to 40, or 50, you will skip less frames and the game be less 'jumpy'.
- we've noticed issues with running fpse in multi-core mode. if you're using the softeware graphics mode, or 'softgpu' (the default mode), go into system settings, and check 'force monocre'.
- try opengl. see my signature for the link to the opengl thread.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”