Recovering savegames from save states

Dekafox
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Incredible

Recovering savegames from save states

Postby Dekafox » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:52 am

I've been playing a strategy game, and I was on my second playthrough on a all-hard-mode run, and the last update lost my save games, but managed to recover my save states. If I load my save state, the game is still playable, and I can save and load at will, but as soon as I restart, I'm looking at empty memory cards again if I don't reload the save state. Is there some way to "recover" the memory cards from the save state? it seems like it might be finding the original memcards that way, but even if I change memcards to point at new ones and save, it doesn't seem to actually save it.

My phone isn't rooted, and I don't want to root it because of the loss of data, and so I haven't found a way to get to the \data\data folder without rooting. I've been playing this same session for months now, a few hours at a time, and I really don't want to start from scratch again.

I also can't get the built-in backup to work. When I run the backup, there's no "fpsebackup" folder created on my sdcard.

Dekafox
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Incredible

Re: Recovering savegames from save states

Postby Dekafox » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:48 pm

Well I finally managed to get it to work, by using some memory cards from a previous emulator where I'd played this game to load an existing saved game, saving over every single empty slot with a copy of one of those save games, then reloading the save state and saving over top of one of those slots I just filled. This only recovers that single save, but at least it means I don't have to replay the whole thing from scratch again.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Recovering savegames from save states

Postby bluezeak » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:36 am

schtruck wrote:i found that Moving saves directory from internal mem to sdcard/.fpse wasn't worked for everyone and finally the workaround was to use the backup function to recover savestates. but those functions does not work on fpse 0.11.37, i'm fixing that.

I found the problem with memcards erased! it's when using SHortcut and you restart games. memcards are cleared. i'm make a QUick bug fix.
FPse 0.11.38:
- Fixed Critical bug in memory cards when restarting.
Memcard was reseted.

i'm very sorry for this.

if save games still don't work after updating, then go into the fpse menu, misc, choose backup. follow the instructions here:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3786
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”