FPSE Arc S and ICS

ArcSLT18i
Primary Device: Sony Xperia Arc S
Operating System: Android
ROM: Jelly Sandwich 4.0.1

FPSE Arc S and ICS

Postby ArcSLT18i » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi! I bought FPSE when I had Gingerbread on my Sony Arc S. Now I updated my Arc s and I'm using the custom rom Jelly Sandwich. With this Rom I have many problem and I'm making this topic to know if there's a solution. I'll upload videos of my problem. This is the first problem. If I push the back button and I push again this one to return to the game, the video is stationary whereas the audio is ok. I tried many psx games and i tried also to change rom installing cyanogenmod 9 Stable but I can't solve this problem.

First problem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Kkbt0zfqw&feature=youtu.be

The second problem is about the analogic gamepad but I'm not english and for me is very hard to explain. I'll upload a video and I will try to explain it :P

For now, It's all! I hope in your help.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: FPSE Arc S and ICS

Postby bluezeak » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:33 pm

Wow, that's weird. I do remember an issue a while ago where rotating the screen made goose responsive again, Burr I don't remember anything about the issue.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

ArcSLT18i

Postby ArcSLT18i » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:40 am

i900frenchaddict wrote:Watched the video. When you say " I push the back button" I suppose you mean you press the "menu" button, right? Not the "arrow" one?

Weird, rotating the screen makes the game responsive again?

Sony Arc S has the back button and menu button reversed compared to the other devices. The back button is to the left of the home button.
You can check with this picture.
On my Arc S I can open the FPSE settings pushing the back button that is to the left of the home menu. I hope to be clear! :D

Yes rotating the screen makes the game responsive again...for this reason i can't use "Force Landscape".

ArcSLT18i

Postby ArcSLT18i » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:33 am

In my opinion this isn't the problem because now to play psx games i installed gingerbread and on this one android version fpse works very. Also on gingerbread I open fpse settings pushing back button. I wish solve my problems with Ics then if the developers want release an update i can install Ics on my device everytime the developers need my help. Also on ics i've a problem with analogic joystick...if the developers want help me i can install Ics and record a video of this issue.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:04 pm

foleyjo found an answer to this issue. See if this fix world for you.

foleyjo wrote:thanks bluezeak but it appears my problem was unrelated. I had an internal memory issue. Now I've fixed that I don't get freezing.
Also after testing I found if I use GoLauncher as my home screen I get the sound lag, control lag and fps issues. So if anyone else uses this and has problems they should consider trying something else

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:20 am

2 or 3 other people have had this problem. I've directed them to this forum and asked them to post here, but they haven't (yet?). Hopefully they will.

Thier problems are not all the exact same ... but the fix is always the same. You can turn the screen, and it will fix game. I hope they come post here, I didn't make note of which threads they were in and it was scattered out.

possible workaround:
    - enable hardware acceleration
    - turn on force monocore

I get this info from the below post:
www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2725
Kethus wrote:This time I quit and started FPse again after every change in the settings I made. With all three options disabled I get the razor-sharp pixels back and fps flickering. With only Screenfiltering I get blurry graphics and fps flickering. With only Hardware acceleration I get blurry graphics, no fps flickering. Only Force mono core has the same effect as only Hardare acceleration, but with blocky graphics and the picture freezes when I press the menu button, but is fixed when I flip the screen. Enabling Hardware acceleration with Force mono core removes the problem completely. Enabling Screenfiltering after this makes the graphics blurry and the picture freezing returns. Force mono core with only Screenfiltering have the same effect.

Kethus
Primary Device: Sony Xperia Z5 Compact

Postby Kethus » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:41 am

Clarifying:
I am changing only these 3 options - Force mono core, Screenfiltering, Hardware acceleration.

No Force mono core = no freeze.
Only Force mono core = freeze.
Force mono core + Hardware acceleration = no freeze.
Force mono core + Hardware acceleration + Screenfiltering = freeze.
Force mono core + Screenfiltering = freeze.

So as long as Force mono core is disabled I don't have the freezing. When it's enabled I have to also enable Hardware acceleration to fix it, but no Screenfiltering.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:15 pm

with the new version you won't have any more freeze.

ArcSLT18i

Postby ArcSLT18i » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:49 pm

schtruck wrote:with the new version you won't have any more freeze.

With new version ( released on 9 september ) I still have freeze :(

Kethus wrote:Clarifying:
I am changing only these 3 options - Force mono core, Screenfiltering, Hardware acceleration.

No Force mono core = no freeze.
Only Force mono core = freeze.
Force mono core + Hardware acceleration = no freeze.
Force mono core + Hardware acceleration + Screenfiltering = freeze.
Force mono core + Screenfiltering = freeze.

So as long as Force mono core is disabled I don't have the freezing. When it's enabled I have to also enable Hardware acceleration to fix it, but no Screenfiltering.

Fantastic!!! This solves my problem with ICS. I tried to deactivate "force monocore" and it's perfect! Now I can use ICS :)

Return to “General Discussion”