sprites glitches with Opengl plugin?

Carlos25
Primary Device: Yinlips G18
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

sprites glitches with Opengl plugin?

Postby Carlos25 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:50 am

big perfomance up now on my device in some games but sprites buggy ¿aleatory? on a yinlips G18 with Mali400MP tested in the actual release 0.11.34

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: sprites glitches with Opengl plugin?

Postby bluezeak » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:06 am

How long have you had this? did you have these problems before the recent updates - back in 11.29 or 11.26? The mail-400 is known to have issues, but usually it's getting it to work at all, not issues with compatibility.

Did you try 32-bits rendering? that the only setting I have heard of that can help with garbage.

I looked at the specs for your device - is this it?
http://www.pandawill.com/yinlips-ydpg18 ... 54352.html

that's a decent LOOKING device. is that it? the specs are decent too. 1 ghz. mali-400. too bad it's only 512 megs ram though. price is nice. I would tell you to try to overclock it - cpu or gpu, or both - but if your issue is hardware, that will just make it worse. I know some people that had similar issues that used chainfire3d which allowed them to lower some gfx resolution and made the compatibility work - got rid of garbage. warning, I also read about someone that installed chainfire3d without reading about supported devices and he had to reflash his device.

Please see my opengl thread, it has tons of information. I'm going to update that thread with the chainfire story. Also, I would love you fto post your experience in my thread.
[edit] I went back and looked at the posts in my thread. the people that did the chainfire3d trick had different GPUs. however, you'll see from that thread that the two different people that left screenshots had issues similar to yours. so - you can try chainfire3d if you want. be careful though.
[edit2] I checked agin - the secnond issue was a galaxy s2, which may be a mail-400 - which may be about the same as your issue. He tried the chainfire3d which fixed the issue - but caused other issues. again - check the opengl thread.

see my signature for a link to my opengl thread.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Carlos25

Postby Carlos25 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Thanks for you sugerences but not much help with 32bits option.

After several tests I concluded

In olders revisions 0.11.2x
the plugin always had to enable Antiliasing auto to AA4x in chainfe for working and no crashes in the load but limited perfomance because AA4x limited perfomance

In the 0.11.32 and later
Works without AA by default aplication but Sprites buggy in the load aleatory times

For now recomended In some devices with Mali400

- Reduce Texture solved several load sprites but Cause others errors in some games
Or
- Antiliasing auto to AA4x Limited perfomance.

It's kind of odd textures or related AA mali bug

I hope this will be helpful to others for a configuration with OpenGL plugin on these devices

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:19 am

Thank you you for sharing your testing results!

- you are using chainfire3d correct? I have not used it so I do not know the settings.

- you say that: previously (11.2x) in order to get the opengl plugin to work, you had to set chainfire3d to use antialiasing "AA4x" - this allowed opengl to work, but cuased it to run slow. is that correct?

- version 11.32 and later, you don't need to use AA4x, games work without it. But there are graphics issue with sprites.

- your recommendations:
    either:
    - lower texture resolution. this will fix the sprite issues, but may cause other issues
    or:
    - use anti-aliasing AA4X. this will fix the issue, but causes performance issues.

This is specifically for some mali-400 devices.

Did I get that all correct?

Thanks again.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Carlos25

Postby Carlos25 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:14 am

- you are using chainfire3d correct? I have not used it so I do not know the settings.

Yes I use Chainfire

- you say that: previously (11.2x) in order to get the opengl plugin to work, you had to set chainfire3d to use antialiasing "AA4x" - this allowed opengl to work, but cuased it to run slow. is that correct?

- version 11.32 and later, you don't need to use AA4x, games work without it. But there are graphics issue with sprites.

- your recommendations:
either:
- lower texture resolution. this will fix the sprite issues, but may cause other issues
or:
- use anti-aliasing AA4X. this will fix the issue, but causes performance issues.

This is specifically for some mali-400 devices.

Did I get that all correct?

Yes , that's in the 0.11.2x required AA4x for the stable work not crashes.
Yes, that's In the 0.11.32 running without AA but because these errors
With Antialiasing AA4x option no problems here but slow or limited speed compared 35-70fps vs 60-120fps compared in Final Fantasy VII
With lower textures option solves the several sprites but have problems garbaches in the menus with the images in Final fantasy VII.

And yes, this configuration is for devices with Mali400 or having this problem.

Return to “General Discussion”