View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 select memcard & savestate path - proper reinstall 
Guru

Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock
Post select memcard & savestate path - proper reinstall
Before reinstalling, if you have memory card saves and/or save states, backup FPSE! After doing so, to avoid any potential corruption you may have had I recommend you do NOT restore your settings. Copy the save states and memory cards to a new location, then point fpse at the new location to use them

The process:
    - menu, misc, backup fpse
    - this saves to /sdcard/fpsebackup. Specifically we care about the memcard and sstates subdirectories.
    - copy those directories to a new location, like /sdcard/fpse-saves - or wherever you want (I use /mnt/sdcard-ext/files/games/emulation/psx/_memcard & /_savestate).
    - use a file manager to do this, like 'astro', or plug your phone into your computer, to do this.
    - after copying the subdirectories, from inside fpse go to menu, misc, memcard 1, memcard 2 and savestate - for each one choose the file / folder location. For savestate, after choosing the folder location just push the back button.
    - I belive you need to choose 'save settings as default' to make the settings stick.

Last edited by bluezeak on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:43 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
Post Re: select memcard & savestate path - proper reinstall
thread made sticky ;)

Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:46 pm
Profile WWW

Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro
Backing up the data for me creates two memory card files - slot1.old and slot2.mcd
slot2.mcd has nothing in it and slot1.old has, well, old data and not my most recent save. I checked my save, tried backing up again and the files are the same.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:28 am
Guru

schtruck changed the way the default location for save files. They are now located at:
/sdcard/.fpse

to see this folder, you need make sure you can see hidden files / folders. fpse can't brose to it by default, so if you changed your save game location from inside fpse you can't go back and choose this folder again. you need to copy the files to a new location from /sdcard/.fpse using a file manager (like astro) and then browse to them from fpse.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:41 am

While experimenting with PC and phone I saw an .old file in the .fpse's memcards folder too. Just to test it I deleted the files inside it and the files inside fpsebackup's memcards folder, then I went to FPse and backed up the data. .fpse's memcards folder remained empty and fpsebackup's memcards folder got only slot1.old and slot2.mcd. Then I went into the game, made another save in the memcard, tried backing up again and only got new .old and .mcd files in fpsebackup's memcards folder, replacing the old ones. The other memcards folder is still empty. The .old file doesn't contain my most recent save.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:15 am
Guru

did you delete the files in .fpse, or move them?

after you emptied the .fpse folders, did you point fpse to a new folder for memcards?

Let me see if I understand what you're saying:
    - when you save, the save files are not being saved to .fpse
    - when you backup files, they are going the /fpsebackup, but 'memory card 1' is being saved as a .old file, not .mcd file
    - when you save your game, then run the backup, it IS creating new files in backup, but they don't have your recent save games on the memory card

did I get that correct?

well, if you point your fpse installation to use a different folder otehr than the default .fpse, you can't ever go back and choose that folder again because it's hidden, and fpse can't use it.

something about your testing isn't seeming correct to me. Explain exactly how you did it again. initially, how is fpse configured to see memory cards? after each step, do you reconfigure fpse? For each step, do you move, copy, or delete files?

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:48 am

Yes, you got that correctly, but I saw my mistake. I thought selecting a memcard was just for loading a memcard file into FPse, not for selecting a different backup folder. Which means I've selected the old memcards folder in fpsebackup. But after that I made more backups and I keep getting an .old file and a .mcd file.

edit: ok, I've got short memory, it wasn't the memcards folder. I've found the actual folder with the .mcd file and will move it to fpsebackup.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:53 am
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Note 2
Operating System: Android
Mine doesn't work .. it keeps on crashing my fpse everytime I tried loading from savestate. and a message keeps on popping up saying "needs to setup spusync" but it crashes fpse still.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:28 am
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Nexus 7
Do have to do those steps to be able to save in games? Have to say that I don't understand anything from
those instructions(they goes far over my head).

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:53 pm

Primary Device: android
Operating System: android
Is there anyway to get fpse to recognize savestates/memory cards from other PSX emulators (i.e ePSXe)? I've put alot of hours into FF8 and FF9, and fPSE is by far the superior emulator, but I would hope they can recognize each other save formats? I also cannot find any folder named .fpse or anything like that that might contain the savestates/mem cards. There was a .psxe folder that contained mcd001.mcr and mcd002.mcr and a file named tmpSaveState. Anybody have any ideas?!

Edit: Update: Used Memxtool to convert my .mcr -> .mcd files and pointed Fpse to said file as slot 1, but when I load a game, it doesn't recognize any data/saved games. I feel like I'm one step off/wrong, ANY IDEAS?

Last edited by bigtfatty on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next