how can I revert to an older version?

sniperbr0
Primary Device: Galaxy Note GT-N7000
Operating System: ICS 4.0.4
ROM: Stock

how can I revert to an older version?

Postby sniperbr0 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi

I bought it from google play store, was on version 0.11.30 and everything was great, got the update yesterday to 0.11.31 thinking something was going to get better, but now RE 2 has distorted sound for all voices, L1/R1 is mixed with L2/R2, I get a black screen on load when using openGL plugin (wasn't using it before due to random slowdowns but at least it was working), and my games freeze before 1 minute playing. I can't play anymore :(

How can I revert to the an older version? Google Play doesn't show any option to

Thanks in advance

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: how can I revert to an older version?

Postby schtruck » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:26 pm

update to the last version, 0.11.32, most all of of your problem will be fixed.

About the distord problem on RE2, is it with or without SPUSYNC?

sniperbr0

Postby sniperbr0 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi

distorted voices in RE 2 is with spusync enabled. If I disable it, it is fine, but it was working with it enabled before, if I dont enable it every time I get to a new room I can still hear the sounds from the previous room looping.

I updated to 0.11.32 today, played for around 1 hour, games are not crashing anymore, RE 2 still has distorted voices with spusync and L1 is mixed with L2, R1 is mixed with R2 (it is not visible, when I press R2 it does what R1 is supposed to and vice-versa)

to fix looping sound in RE 2 with spusync off I have to save state and load it, but upon going to the next room it loops again.

at least I can continue playing, thanks for quickly deploying a fix for the crashing problem.

sniperbr0

Postby sniperbr0 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:31 am

Hi again, just updated to 0.11.33

RE 2 distorted voices with spusync is fixed :D
Feels faster and smoother :D
R1 is start button now :(
L1, L2, R2 dont work :(
Cant play RE 2 without L/R :(

please at least revert the buttons to 0.11.32 version, it was playable

sniperbr0

Postby sniperbr0 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:45 pm

just updated to version 0.11.34! I'm happy again! everything was fixed! thanks a lot!

sniperbr0

Postby sniperbr0 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:42 pm

Hello again

after a long time using version 0.11.36 and refusing to upgrade, I had to reset my phone and downloaded the latest version.

I was able to continue where I stopped in RE 2 ClaireB, finished it, but now I'm trying to start ClaireA and I get stuck in a black screen when entering the police station for the first time (right in the beginning), I tried disabling and enabling spusync, enhanced sound, frameskip, etc, tried lots of option combination but none of them work. I'm not using OpenGL.

The same part in LeonA which I have already finished works :(

Can anyone please state that RE 2 ClaireA (entering police station) works on this version?

Thanks in advance

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:02 am

why did you post in this thread?

you're using 11.41 correct? did you try switching to the 'old software' mode from the misc menu? when you do, I recommend that you turn on the system option 'forced monocore' and turn off the video option 'hardwware acceleration' for stability. Also turn off the video option 'filtering', or the game will run too slow. If that works for you you can try changing them.

Also, you can try using opengl. if you do, the most important options (other than messing with frameskip and framelimiter) is 'offscreen drawing' and 'alpha multipass'. You'll likely need to reset fpse when changing those options.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

sniperbr0

Postby sniperbr0 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:44 am

11.41 is terrible for me! the video options dont stick, I cant have hardware acceleration like I had before, and I have to set force landscape every time...

plus voices in RE 3 are gone now, tried every sound combination possible, no voices (the audio stream that is messed up is the one during dialog, not the intro, you can see that in the beginning as soon as Jill go through the first zombies)

I wish I could revert to 11.34, but my Titanium Backup messed up :(

sniperbr0

Postby sniperbr0 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:47 am

OMG I found the folder that Titanium Backup keeps the backups, I opened one of the files and found the installer for 0.11.34, installed it on top, and RE 3 voices and RE 2 Claire Police Station are fixed! :D

(the video settings and landscape but are not present in this version, so, much better than 0.11.41!)

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:13 am

I believe that hardware acceleration isn't needed / used in blitter mode. other than forced landscape, what options don't stick?

did you try going back to 'old software' mode from the misc menu? I would be very curious to know if the voice issue is caused by blitter mode. it seems to me it would be better to use the old software mode rather than an old version - that's the whole reason schtruck kept it.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”