Does fpse force the use of bluez?

stiv
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy S2
Operating System: ICS

Does fpse force the use of bluez?

Postby stiv » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi I've searched but found no solution.

I'd like to be able to use my iControlpad without bluez starting itself up when fpse is launched.

I've tried disabling bluez through the task manager but it doesn't work. It looks like fpse only looks for controllers during a specific time when loading iso's. It'd be nice if you could manually add controllers whenever you like. In a similar way to the .emu series of emulators by Robert Broglia.

I emailed the bluez dev and he said it might be fpse asking for bluez specifically. Maybe fpse needs some extra bluetooth options? Disable bluez or use native or something.

Great app though! Having lots of fun.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Does fpse force the use of bluez?

Postby bluezeak » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:40 am

do you use the builin support for bluetooth, or do you use bluez and map the hardware keys?

if you use the built-in support, then yes, I believe you can only turn the controller on at the beginning.

If you use the actual bluez app, and map hardware keys (and do NOT use the built-in bluetooth - set it to disable) I think you can use the controller whenever you want. I could be wrong...

I have a motorla, which uses the blur ingteface, which doesn't let many apps access bluetooth - you need to have an actual text field for blur to accept input from them (that's my understanding of the problem).
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”