Wont hold on to settings

Ciderax
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Epic 4g
Operating System: Android
ROM: 2.21 froyo stock

Wont hold on to settings

Postby Ciderax » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:15 pm

Hello, I'm using a Samsung Epic 4g running on the most recent android 2.2. everything works fine except. it wont remember that I selected the bios or remember the controller settings that I choose.

after saving the settings I hit menu, quit, restart and it seems to keep the settings just fine by the basic restart. but when I close out of the program and reoopen it, it reverts back to the original settings.

I've tried reinstalling the program, doesnt help. I also made sure my SDcard has read/write access, which it does.

any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Primary Device: ZTE Blade

Re: Wont hold on to settings

Postby 90180360 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:15 pm

Unfortunately FPse is a bit confusing in this regard.

If you change the settings while no game is loaded, the settings won't be saved, unless you save them as default.

When you load a game for the first time, it will use the default settings.
(If you change the settings without saving, it will ignore them. So changing settings without having a game loaded serves absolutely no purpose, unless you save them as default.)

When you change the settings while a game is loaded, FPse will save them automatically, but just for this game.

I hope I got that right.

Maybe a better solution would be to always save the settings automatically (even if no game is loaded), because who changes the settings, but does not want to save them?!

digitsix
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: gnex/n7

Postby digitsix » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:06 am

Having the same prob. Doesn't matter if I'm in game or not or if I specifically try to save the settings or if I tell it to load settings or whatever. Nothing works. I have to set my controller up after every launch. Mine at least saves the bios and gfx settings...

Also when I try to set the controls I have to tap up twice, down twice etc just to get it to let me pick an assignment... very annoying.

Nexus 7

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:03 pm

@90180360 - close. it will save your settings if you're in a game. it's not game specific unless you create a shortcut to the game.

speaking of which, try that. after you get everything set the way you want, create a shortcut for the game (menu, misc shortcut). see if that saves the controller settings.

what controller do you use? how do you use it - do you use bluez ime, or do you use the bluetooth controlpad setup in fpse?
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Kethus
Primary Device: Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Operating System: Android

Postby Kethus » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Will post here, since it's related to the title of the topic.
FPse won't remember the special screen size setting. I don't want to play a 4:3 game stretched to widescreen so I have to go to misc and select the special screen size I want. The check mark in the video settings doesn't do anything by itself, but if I change the screen size from the misc settings the mark gets checked automatically. If I uncheck it the game goes back to fullscreen and if I check it again, the game remains in fullscreen, so I have to go to the misc settings again. And if I quit FPse that check mark will never remain checked.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:26 am

Yes, this is a known I issue with the current version.

ace8707
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Nexus
Operating System: Android 4.1
ROM: AOKP

Postby ace8707 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:36 pm

I'm having a similar problem in that it holds some of my settings, but does not hold others - specifically it keeps checking the null sound plugin even though I uncheck it, and forgets the other buttons I've added to be displayed and the vibration settings. Anyone else having these problems? My biggest is the null sould...

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:49 am

I have not had that problem before ace. There are two things to try, and a third 'nuclear' option...
[list]
1 - open fpse, set the sound options, restart fpse, see if it sticks.
2 - as above, but after making the change go to misc, and choose 'save settings as default'
3 - reinstall fpse. if you have any save games via memory card or save state, be sure to go to misc, backup. this saves everything to /sdcard/fpsebackup. I recommend you copy the 'savestate' and 'memorycard' folders somewhere else on your sdcard (using a file browser like 'astro'), then from fpse go to menu, misc, memory card, and menu, misc, save state and choose the location you saved them to. you'll need to resetup all your options. be sure to 'save to default'. also, know that many setting require you to quit and restart fpse for them to take effect.

Return to “General Discussion”