OpenGL plugin & crash logs, bug reports inside the app?[Q]

Sarkie
Primary Device: Asus Transformer Prime

OpenGL plugin & crash logs, bug reports inside the app?[Q]

Postby Sarkie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:23 am

Hi,

Got a couple of questions:

I am getting very good speeds with the OpenGL plugin but I am getting loads of crashes when playing certain games, does your app submit these crashes with stack traces to you, rather than us posting on here?

Can we submit a bug report based on the CD name e.g.

GAME : SLUS-00860 (Tony Hawks) doesn't work for reasons, x,y,z. Then have an inbuilt checker in the app to look up in a list "80% of customers reported issues with this game", the best settings to use have been set for you automatically.

For the OpenGL plugin, is it getting updated constantly? So if I go back to Software and back to OpenGL will it get newer versions or are you not updating it?

Finally, are you aware of the bug about persisting config for hardware keys?

Cheers!

Sarkie
Primary Device: Asus Transformer Prime

Re: OpenGL plugin & crash logs, bug reports inside the app?[

Postby Sarkie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:36 pm

So if I go back to software and then go back OpenGL, it *might* be an updated version?

Doesn't submit stack traces I'm guessing you mean?

Yeah makes sense! :) Thanks!

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: OpenGL plugin & crash logs, bug reports inside the app?[

Postby bluezeak » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:14 am

I really like the idea of having a way to submit your settings. So, if you get the game working, you could submit your settings, and other people could see what was used. That would be perfect. However, someone would need to setup an interface from fpse to a database, and a connection from the database to a webpage. Not too difficult for someone that knew how (the database to webpage I think), but I don't know how easy/hard it would be to setup fpse to be able to upload that info. It's a great idea ... I don't know how feasible it is though.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”