View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Recovering saves 

Primary Device: HTC One-X
Operating System: Android (ICS)
ROM: Viper ROM
Post Recovering saves
Hi there,

I've recently had to replace the ROM on my phone, and wiped it entirely. I made a full copy-paste backup of all the content to my PC before doing so, and I'm trying to get my saves back. If I navigate to "fpsebackup" in the root directory, it seems to have my saves - but when I copy them over to my current ROM and try, it does not work (cannot see any saves at all). Does anyone know what might cause this, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks!

Edit:

So figured it out. The copy+paste backup I done was the /sdcard partition, and not the root. Luckily I had made a nandroid backup with Clockworkmod also - so I opened the data.ext4.tar and copied the folder from 'data/data' to the same location on my new ROM, worked great! ;-)

Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:11 am
Guru

Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock
Post Re: Recovering saves
seems you've fixed your issue - glad to hear it.

The best way to backup fpse is open fpse, go to the menu, misc, backup. this saves evertything in fpse to /sdcard/fpsebackup. In your situation you could copy off that folder, paste it back after reset, then after reinstalling fpse you can go to menu, misc, restore.

However, I don't like doing restores when reinstalling. It's much cleaner to not restore. What I like to do is copy the 'memory card' and 'save state' fodlers to a different location. After reinstalling fpse I will go to menu, misc, memory card, and menu, misc, save state, and point fpse to the location I copied them too. I do still need to resetup my preferencdes for the gamepad, video settings, systems settings, etc. And, I need to go to menu, misc, save to default to help make sure the settings stick. But - it's cleaner and helps make sure that no bad / corrupt settings get copied over. But - if you weren't having any issues, then just coping the entire 'fpsebackup' folder to /sdcard and using the 'menu, misc, restore' option works.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]