Problems with bluetooth controller.

EEEuser
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Transformer
Operating System: Android

Problems with bluetooth controller.

Postby EEEuser » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:01 pm

I bought a bluetooth controller today from gamestop. I go to configure it using FPSE and I am able to set all the keys. Once I do that, they dont actually work. The only thing I can do is scroll through the menu with the left analog stick. If I search or open a web browser and hit buttons on the controller, letters and numbers pop up. It just doesnt want to work in fpse. Is there something I am doing wrong?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Problems with bluetooth controller.

Postby bluezeak » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:10 pm

how are you connecting the controller? are you using bluez ime? I've heard ics has built-in support thought I don't know much about that - are you using that built in support? in fpse have you set the controlpad to use bluetooth? if you're using bluez or built-in support I think you should NOT use that.

The fact you can set the buttons is a good sign, so I'm not sure what's going on. If you're not using bluez, you can try using it. And vice versa with the built-in support (though like I said I don't know much about it). Finally, you could try using the bluetooth setting inside fpse, but if you're not using one of the supported control pads you'll probably have weird results (if it works at all).
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

EEEuser
Fresh Fish

Postby EEEuser » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:22 pm

The controller connects right to the transformer with the build in blue tooth, but I will give bluez a try. When I first load up fpse, it pops up for me to connect my controller (which is already connected via bluetooth), but when I select it, it says it failed to connect. I will go try out bluez and let you know if it works, thanks.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:32 pm

if fpse is asking you to connect your controller, it sounds like the bluetooth setting is turned on in fpse. check your controller setttings in fpse (menu, gamepad, bluetooth) and make sure bluetooth is disabled.

EEEuser
Fresh Fish

Postby EEEuser » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:48 pm

Turned off the bluetooth in fpse, it no longer asks me to pair when I load it. Still the same problem, I can assign all the buttons, but it just does nothing when Itry to play the game. Bluez didn't help.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:26 pm

what game? have you tried other games? I have a streetfighter game that refuses to work in analog.

also, is the controller analog and digital? is there an option on the controller to turn the analog off? Did you try changing from analog to digital (or vice versa) in the fpse controller options? sounds like fpse recognizes the controller, but it's not working with the games for some reason.

when you say 'bluez didn't help' - what does that mean? were you using bluez before? if not, how were you cnnecting the controller to your device?

the other option I originally mentioned was to use the builtin bluetooth in fpse. to use it you likely will need to unpair your controller with your android device so that fpse can pair with it properly when it tries to use it's built in bluetooth. Again, I don't know how well it will work since it's not designed for your controller, but you can try.

Return to “General Discussion”