one rom shows black screen other stops at ps logo

benubis
Primary Device: evo design
Operating System: ics

one rom shows black screen other stops at ps logo

Postby benubis » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:01 am

I have two copies of ff8 from different sources which I can't get to work. I have bios spch 1001 and the .38 version of fpse. One Rom show black screen with no controls, the other goes to ps logo and stops. Pleeeeease help. Is there something I'm missing? Could both Roms be bad? Do I need a patch even tho its getting to the logo? Is there something I need to rewrite in the file? I badly want to play ff8. I'm so close!

Also I didn't post this in the ff8 thread because I can't even get to its home screen and have two copies so I didn't think it would be applicable there. If I'm mistaken let me know and I will gladly move it there

telboy007
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: JXD S7100B
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: Bitrider (custom)

Re: one rom shows black screen other stops at ps logo

Postby telboy007 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Isn't this because of copy protection? I had the same issue (boots and just sits on a black screen) and applied a patch to my disc img files and now FF 8 works perfectly.

Although it does sound like you're using the openGL plugin...

benubis

Postby benubis » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:50 pm

Im not opposed to downloading another copy, I have boost so no data overages :) however, id like to know if there's other options, as it will take several hours for such a sizeable dl; I live in the Styx where 4g is thought to have something to do with a 'g-spot' and my cdma is spotty.
Do I need an image file to get from ps screens to ff8? Also, I've had no luck with finding a patch, or instructions on using one. Would anyone kindly pm a source for a patch or a source for a known working ff8 ISO? I will surf the ff8 thread for clues in the meantime. If someone can help me get this working I will literally buy a 20 dollar paperclip from them on eBay. If that's legal, and not opposing the mods' restrictions. Otherwise, joke, haha.

Edit* my iso's are .bin format. I have no image files for them. Is it necessary to have an image file? If so how would I attach it to my .bin? Help...

telboy007
Fresh Fish

Postby telboy007 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:31 pm

PM sent

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:44 pm

I also sent a pm a day or two ago.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

benubis

Postby benubis » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:54 am

Thanks for the pm, guys! One question for each tho; do u know if that sources ff8 is already patched? And, I downloaded the patch file but its exe. As I don't have a pc, and don't want to delve into murky areas of is emulation, I can't use it.is there an app or a plugin for fpse I can use? Thanks again. So close! Also, I've got legend of dragoon and metal gear solid running beautifully, so my phone is powerful enough, and the fpse (which I bought) is definitely deserving of praise. Certainly a Rom issue I'm having. I'll browse the ff8 thread in the meantime of replies, and if I get my solution, ill give everyone an e-cookie!

Wooot!

telboy007
Fresh Fish

Postby telboy007 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:49 am

Unfortunately you will need a PC to patch the ff8 files, I'm surprised you can't get this rom with the patch already applied... :(

benubis

Postby benubis » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:21 pm

Perhaps I could, but google returns vaguely related results when searching for 'patched ff8 VIII' etc. Does anyone in know a source that makes sure applicable games are patched?

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:53 pm

I believe this could be interpreted as asking for piracy advice which I don't think is condoned on the forum.

What I can say is that only the European versions of the game use protection that causes the black screen.... ;)
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

benubis

Postby benubis » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:54 pm

Really? So ur saying that even tho I've bought every final fantasy since 7 the day they came out, including 10-2 and 12 and 13, Its unlawful for me to play it on a non Sony machine? After buying ps1,2, and three at first month release price and a second ps3 for more gigs Sony wants to bitch about copyright infringement?
Funny, considering ps1 games are no longer produced so even if I bought a ps1 and a sealed copy of ff8, Sony and square wouldnt see a dime......

Just kidding, I know the forum rules are here to protect the existance of this place. But its just crazy that rich corporations pursue the closing of sources for the sake of outright spite.

Anyhow, thanks for that info. That's grand. The one that takes me to ps logo and stops, is indeed euro (as seen under logo "sony computer entertainment Europe (scee)") and the other goes to playstaion1 homescreen. Sounds like a format or operator error/ignorance
That means I can surf some threading and likely find something useful. Thanks guys. Any thoughts on my format issue, as I find an ISO to work out of the box but It would seem there are no ff9.iso's. But the .bins I've had are only the one file; .bin source error perhaps?

Return to “General Discussion”