Not enough memory, close apps and services message?

taunting
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: samsung dalaxy tab 2 7.0
Operating System: android ics
ROM: ?

Not enough memory, close apps and services message?

Postby taunting » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Hello there,

Not sure if this has been covered and could not locate it specificly on forums. I have been getting a message that states i do.nt have enough memory and to close all apps and services and reload. I'm using a Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0. With 32.gb storage and 1.gb of ram (actual is 687 something like that). I always app dump before running fpse so not sure why i get this message sometimes. Usually pops up when i try to load a save from fuse menu, but not always. I don't have this problem on my old Motorola droid 1, and that has less everything. Pls help. Thanks

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Not enough memory, close apps and services message?

Postby bluezeak » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:32 pm

interesting - and unusual. I don't know if i've heard of that sspecific problem before. That error message sounds generic though, like something that could affect different programs - not fpse specific. I don't know why you would get it.

Other than looking on fpse, have you googled the error to see if other people have reported it in other android apps?

Also, you could move your savestates to your sdcard so that it's loading and saving them to/from there instead of the built-in location. firstt, back them up - menu, misc, backup. this saves everything to /sdcard/fpsebackupo. Then use a file browser like astro to copy the savestate folder to your memory card. See, on my phone 'sdcard' is not really the sdcard, I need to use /mnt/sdcard-ext. I would copy the fpse memory card as well as the save states. Then, go launch fpse again, menu, misc, savestate (and memory card) to choose the location where you saved them to.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

taunting
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: samsung dalaxy tab 2 7.0
Operating System: android ics
ROM: ?

Re: Not enough memory, close apps and services message?

Postby taunting » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Thanks Bluezeak,
I followed your instruction as to back up the files and change the location of them, and so far have not had any issues. I was initially having trouble locating default save state paths and mem card paths...apparently they come up as hidden files on my GT2 for some reason, i checked every storage facet on my phones cards/sys etc.
Also, i looked for about a week through android forums, google and yahoo searches for the message i was getting while trying to load saves, and never found a single person getting the message i was. Hopefully this is all it takes, becuase i didnt always get the message every time.

Really appreciate it, BZ

Return to “General Discussion”