Nexus 7 Rotation

Damaja
Primary Device: Asus Nexus 7
Operating System: Android Jelly Bean
ROM: Still stock

Nexus 7 Rotation

Postby Damaja » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:59 am

Hi guys, really enjoying this emulator and its speed/compatibility. I have a few suggestions though, not sure if they're specific to Nexus 7 or not.

I use the emulator in portrait mode because there is no shoulder buttons in landscape and no option I could find to add them. However even with my device on rotation lock, the emulator still rotates. Is there a way for shoulder buttons to be added in landscape mode, or somehow have a portrait lock mode (in the emulator)?

Damaja
Primary Device: Asus Nexus 7
Operating System: Android Jelly Bean
ROM: Still stock

Re: Nexus 7 Rotation

Postby Damaja » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:03 pm

Through more digging I found the overlay option and added the shoulder buttons to the horizontal view.
However, I'm still having two issues..

I still cannot lock the orientation of the emulator so an option to lock it would be nice (there's a horizontal lock option but no vertical). I don't know if its a problem with my device or one everyone has. It just doesn't lock, even with the system settings lock set to on.

Also, whenever I set the special screen setting to 4:3 and change the screen option to that, the emulator never saves my configuration or button settings.. even if I use the 'save as default config' option after changing the settings. I have to manually add in my buttons and then go to more menus to change the screen size every time I load up a new game or boot the emulator up.

Does anyone else (with a Nexus 7) experience these? I hope they get fixed soon.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Nexus 7 Rotation

Postby bluezeak » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:39 pm

The 4:3 screen setting not sticking is a known issue
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”