FPSE Andriod Help.

Andymac1991
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy S 3
Operating System: Android
ROM: no idea.

FPSE Andriod Help.

Postby Andymac1991 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:18 pm

HELLOOOO! new to all this forum stuff and never used roms before.

so, basically i have installed fpse for android to my galaxy s 3.

I have downloaded the "SCPH1001.BIN" file to a folder in my phone which i know is the bios file and it has loaded fine.

I own 2 PSX games which are "Resident evil 2" and Final Fantasy 9" my two favorite games ever.

I used "MagicISO" to convert resident evil in to a .CUE and .Bin file and it played fine. i completed it and it was the best few hours of my life so far :D

Then i came to Final Fantasy 9... i placed the disk into my drive and converted it in to a .CUE and .BIN file..#

Loaded up FPSE, IT plays up to the Sony Playstation bit where it shows the Playstation symbol. then nothing after that?
Yet if i eject then go to resident evil .BIN file it plays past it and starts the game. yet FF9 does not?

Can somebody please give me any help or any ideas what or is wrong?

Thank You!!

ANDY!! :D

shamma
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy s3
Operating System: Android 4.1.1 (JB)
ROM: Cyanogenmod10 preview8

Re: FPSE Andriod Help.

Postby shamma » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:23 pm

Andymac1991 wrote:HELLOOOO! new to all this forum stuff and never used roms before.

so, basically i have installed fpse for android to my galaxy s 3.

I have downloaded the "SCPH1001.BIN" file to a folder in my phone which i know is the bios file and it has loaded fine.

I own 2 PSX games which are "Resident evil 2" and Final Fantasy 9" my two favorite games ever.

I used "MagicISO" to convert resident evil in to a .CUE and .Bin file and it played fine. i completed it and it was the best few hours of my life so far :D

Then i came to Final Fantasy 9... i placed the disk into my drive and converted it in to a .CUE and .BIN file..#

Loaded up FPSE, IT plays up to the Sony Playstation bit where it shows the Playstation symbol. then nothing after that?
Yet if i eject then go to resident evil .BIN file it plays past it and starts the game. yet FF9 does not?

Can somebody please give me any help or any ideas what or is wrong?

Thank You!!

ANDY!! :D

Hey bro,
I also own a galaxy s3 :D...Ok so here are my settings for FF9 (works like a charm)

first thing is first. You need OpenGL plugin to run this game flawlessly on a beast phone like the s3. You can install this plugin from FPse itself. Just open FPse from your s3, load the bios but before loading the iso/bin/cue, click on the back capacitive button where it will take you to a white screen with info about FPse for android and a link to this forum. Click on the back capacitive button again and you will pull up the menu. Click "MISC" and then scroll till you see "Switch to OpenGL" download the plugin (will take literally seconds) and then it will prompt you to restart fpse

After restarting fpse, pull up again the menu again, but this time click on "Audio" and make sure "SPUsync" is on. Then go to "Video" and make sure you have these settings checked :)

Framelimiter - off
Frameskip - on
Print fps - on (just to give you an indication of how well the game is running, you should be looking at 50-70 fps)
adjust framebuffer access - on
special upload detection - on
offscreen drawing - on
advanced blending - off (raises contrast too much on our s3)
alpha multipass - on (awesome for popups in ff9)
mask bit - on
32bit rendering - off (lags when on)
anti aliasing - on (you can turn it off if it lags your s3, depends on the rom you're running really)
texture filtering - on
old frameskip - off
frame texture - on
special fram limiter - on
busy fix - on (fixes bugs in several games other than ff9)

After doing all these settings, save it as your default configuration (go to MISC and click on "save as default config"....FINALLY your done, load the game and it should work like a charm. These settings have been tested and gave the best results!

Andymac1991
Fresh Fish

Postby Andymac1991 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Thanks very much mate appreciate your help!! I'll let you know how I get on but I'm going for a run now so I'll let you know cheers once again pal!! :D

Andymac1991
Fresh Fish

Postby Andymac1991 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:09 pm

Hey dude I've done every thing you said and the screen I get is as below.
Attachments
Screenshot_2012-07-26-22-00-31.png
Screenshot_2012-07-26-22-00-31.png (72.76 KiB) Viewed 7305 times
Screenshot_2012-07-26-22-00-36.png
Freezes after playing the PlayStation sound. Do you think it could be the .bin or. Cue? Is it worth trying it in iso? Cheers dude.

Andy.
Screenshot_2012-07-26-22-00-36.png (45.42 KiB) Viewed 7305 times
Screenshot_2012-07-26-22-00-31.png
Screenshot_2012-07-26-22-00-31.png (72.76 KiB) Viewed 7305 times

Return to “General Discussion”