Nexus 7 sound issues

GoneTomorrow
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 7
Operating System: Android 4.1.1
ROM: Stock

Nexus 7 sound issues

Postby GoneTomorrow » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:18 pm

So I've just got my Nexus 7 and grabbed FPse 11.29 to get into the PS1 games again. Issue is no matter what I do, I get sound for like 1 second of the PS1 boot sound, or 1 second of game if I use Fastboot and then it goes silent. There will not be a peep from it again until I restart FPse and I get my 1 second again. I've tried multiple BIOS' and turned on and off every single option for FPse, set defaults and restarted, and the result is identical every time.

It is driving me to the point of insanity, anyone have any suggestions?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Nexus 7 sound issues

Postby bluezeak » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Have you tried different games? Have you turned on the spusync? The key to that is that you must turn FPSE off then restart it after enabling it for it to take effect. When you turn fast boot off, does the bios screen make audio for the full time is paying or does it just do the initial second and then turn off just like games? Have you tried using headphones or Bluetooth (or disabled Bluetooth?)? Lastly, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling. If none of that helps it may truly be a bug with ICS 4.1.1, but we need input from others
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

GoneTomorrow
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 7
Operating System: Android 4.1.1
ROM: Stock

Postby GoneTomorrow » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:34 am

I've tried many games to the same effect. I've turned on and off every single option FPse has, saved and restarted Sand no change. I get the same one second of sound in the BIOS or games with fast boot on and off, respectively. Headphones make no difference. Uninstalling has made no difference.

How often is FPse updated?

digitsix
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: gnex/n7

Postby digitsix » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:25 am

Sound is working for ff7 on my n7... albeit a little laggy at times, but working.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Hmm, that sounds pretty serious. You restated after turning spusync on correct? Spusync trends to fix surgery or frosted sound though, not enable when its broken.

You tried both the default softGPU and OpenGL? And I assume you tried turning the bios off all together (go to choose a bios then push the back key on you Android device) - you should get the 'hle enabled' pop up. Then there the 'force mono core' and 'boost mode' options in the system menu you could toggle. You need to restart after toggling boost mode. Sounds like you've done all those though.

Could be you've encountered a real bug...
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”