Galaxy Note - anyone getting decent performance with FPSE?

smash
Primary Device: Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Stock

Galaxy Note - anyone getting decent performance with FPSE?

Postby smash » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:56 pm

Having spent 2 hours playing Medievil on FPSE yesterday with phonejoy I'm coming to the conclusion that the Galaxy Note isn't much cop at running FPSE.

I'm using softgpu with 3d hardware ticked and frame limiter and boost mode but still getting slow down in multiple enemy scenes. Audio is almost perfect but still very slight glitching.

Phonejoy analog handling is very erm 'brutal' - kind of all or nothing no subtlety at all and no hope of making small adjustments. not sure if this is Phonejoy or implementation in FPSE.

My phone is running ICS 4.0.3 - I guess this comes down to making a piece of software that runs perfectly on so many different pieces of hardware it's impossible and so this is where iOS wins over droid in terms of consistency.

Has anyone managed to get completely smooth gameplay with a Galaxy Note? The openGL plug in is like the ultimate tease - much better graphics but unplayable due to stutter/slowdown - argh!!!!

smash
Primary Device: Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Stock

Re: Galaxy Note - anyone getting decent performance with FPS

Postby smash » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:10 pm

Ah OK, what I should've said is that I was playing it on TV via MHL adaptor to HDMI and having played on the phone on it's lonesome it's clear that connecting the phone to the TV caused the performance issues - I guess because the phone screen stays live and it's rendering both.

Still got bloody glitchy audio though!

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Galaxy Note - anyone getting decent performance with FPS

Postby bluezeak » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:11 am

If you get fps inconsistencies, the audio will be affected. Check fps first for audio issues.

Also, make sure that the spusync option is cheked if have any other audio issues. It requires restarting Fpse to take effect.

What's mhl?

I played with a snes emulator with my phone connected to me tc vi hdmi and it was great. Fpse is too intensive though and it caused too much of a slowdown. I was really disappointed too - I thought. Was a chip dedicated to doing that rendering (screen out) so why would it need so much cpu? Not fpse's fault. Too bad.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”