View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 opengl and andreno 220/225 gpu 

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 0.0.9
Post Re: opengl and andreno 220/225 gpu
Zerokewl wrote:
anyone seen this problem before? not 100% but i think it may have to do with the LTE's soft menu button. i will update after i remove it and retry.

INFO:
htc evo 4g lte
MeanROM 1.7
Open GL (gives odd menu ghosts, softgpu no ghost but bad gfx)

Yep, I am having the same graphical glitch with my Galaxy S3. I believe that the evo lte and the S3 both have the same gpu. In game stuff plays fine(without glitches I mean. Frame rate is just plain bad when the GL plug in is enabled) I only get the graphic glitches when I open a menu or am at the start screen.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:54 am

Primary Device: HTE EVO 4G LTE
Operating System: Android 4.03?
ROM: MeanRom
Hiro14 wrote:
Yep, I am having the same graphical glitch with my Galaxy S3. I believe that the evo lte and the S3 both have the same gpu. In game stuff plays fine(without glitches I mean. Frame rate is just plain bad when the GL plug in is enabled) I only get the graphic glitches when I open a menu or am at the start screen.

kinda stuck no matter what i do.

Softgpu: plays for a few min then gives "switch to monocore" error
OpenGL: "ghost menus"

/sigh, and it looked so promising

Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:33 am

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 0.0.9
Zerokewl wrote:
Hiro14 wrote:

kinda stuck no matter what i do.

Softgpu: plays for a few min then gives "switch to monocore" error
OpenGL: "ghost menus"

/sigh, and it looked so promising

How are your frame rates though? You know, when you don't get the mono core error. Also, I found that I get the mono core error less if I keep framelimiter on and frame skip off. Perhaps this will give you a better experience.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:01 pm
Guru

Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock
I was looking back through and didn't see...

when using the softgpu and you 'force monocore' how is your performace? it should be great, as long as you don't enable filtering.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:31 am
Guru

about ghost images - is there another thread about them? I thought I saw one and answered questions about it...
Subject: opengl and andreno 220/225 gpu

Zerokewl wrote:
anyone seen this problem before? not 100% but i think it may have to do with the LTE's soft menu button. i will update after i remove it and retry.

INFO:
htc evo 4g lte
MeanROM 1.7

ghost menus are often caused by the alpha multipass which deals a lot with transparency - although your screenshot shows 3 different menus. that's not just ghosting, that's also duplication. Also, that screenshot goes from somewhat faded to over-contrast / bright. The advanced blending can cause that high contrast effect.

What game is that, I'll see if I can test it. Also, I would like to talk about this in my openGL forum (see my signature).

Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:00 am

bluezeak wrote:
about ghost images - is there another thread about them? I thought I saw one and answered questions about it...
Subject: opengl and andreno 220/225 gpu

Zerokewl wrote:

INFO:
htc evo 4g lte
MeanROM 1.7

ghost menus are often caused by the alpha multipass which deals a lot with transparency - although your screenshot shows 3 different menus. that's not just ghosting, that's also duplication. Also, that screenshot goes from somewhat faded to over-contrast / bright. The advanced blending can cause that high contrast effect.

What game is that, I'll see if I can test it. Also, I would like to talk about this in my openGL forum (see my signature).

i used my webcam to take the pic cause if i take a screenshot you only see one menu that being said, sounds like its multi-framed. Odd part is game runs fine, just the menus are messed up. Game is Xenogears. i did play one with only Frame-limiter, 32-bit rendering, then nothing but, frame-limiter and problem persisted

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:48 am

currently using softgpu; frame-limiter, adv 3d, & HA. so far so good. not as good as opengl though :/

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:52 am
Guru

there was a lot of talk about the S3 and adreno 225 a while ago. has this been fixed in the latest release?

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3