Start and Select Buttons freezing on Galaxy S3 with V11.29

boothy
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-19300
Operating System: Android ICS 4.04
ROM: Stock

Start and Select Buttons freezing on Galaxy S3 with V11.29

Postby boothy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:13 pm

Hi

Both the select and start buttons do not seem to work on my Galaxy S3 when playing Tomb raider 2 (ISO.Z -) in either orientation. When pressed the buttons do nothing and freeze game. I have been playing the same iso on previous versions FPSE on my Galaxy S2 fine with no problems. My version of Tomb Raider 3 the buttons work OK on Galaxy S3. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Boothy

boothy

Re: Start and Select Buttons freezing on Galaxy S3 with V11.

Postby boothy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:41 am

Hi

The select and start buttons only freeze on previous saved states. If I load from memory card or start new game the start and select buttons work OK. I cannot seem to get a hardware button assigned so I can open menu within game and save current save states to memory card. Are there any other options for simulating start button ?

Thanks in advance

Boothy

boothy

Postby boothy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi i900frenchaddict

The game just freezes \stops if I assign volume buttons to start or select in the exact same fashion the save states stop on depress of start on overlay pad. The nuisance with the tomb raider games is that I need the start button to access menu to save current games state to memory card. just had a thought - I could try saving on tablet and copying saved states over to Galaxy S3.

This problem did not occur with same rom on my Galaxy S2

Thanks for your response

Boothy

boothy

Postby boothy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:56 pm

It also does the same on my tab , so must be something wrong with my old savestates.Its a shame we cannot save to memory card from fpse settings menu.

Thanks Boothy

boothy

Postby boothy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi All

I Have only tested this problem with Tomb Raider 2 & 3 (only roms I have on my device)

I am still having problems with the stop and start buttons on my Galaxy S3 and my Transformer Prime. I have loaded game from memory card which works OK with stop start buttons but after saving game with FPSCE the save does not allow access to stop start buttons and game freezes.

I thought originally it was old save states but it also seems to occur when saving new saves from memory card. The save created immediately after the load from memory card seems to work OK but subsequent saves revert back to same problem. I have also tried re installing , reset and using both opengl and software mode. I have also tried many save state paths on internal memory and sdcards.

The problem occurs on both my phone and tab it therefore may be just relevant to the 2 Tomb Raider games I am using, however both the same roms worked perfectly well in previous versions of FPSCE.

Are there any previous versions of the android version available to test ? (difficult with upgrades via play store)

Edit: Some of the sound effects also do not seem to work after save. When I originally got this ISO to work I had to convert XA video streams in pocket ISO - I do not know if it may be video cuts between saves that may be affecting app

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

Boothy

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:26 am

weirder and weirder. Can you try a different game and see if you have similar / same issues?
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

boothy

Postby boothy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi Bluezeak

I have just briefly tried it with `Driver` and the start select buttons seemed OK. Obviously though a completely different menu control. Probably is TR2 and TR3 - strange that it used to work in previous versions ?

I may be loaned a windows mobile device soon so I will give it a go on that.

Boothy

Return to “General Discussion”