[REQ] Widescreen support

mrjaredbeta
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

[REQ] Widescreen support

Postby mrjaredbeta » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:42 am

Well, today I realized that PCSXR had a new revision, and a new feature, the widescreen GTE hack. So, I looked around to see if there were any for PS1 emulators and there was. Basically, the widescreen GTE hack gets rid of the stretched out 16:9 screen by adding more graphics on the sides of the screen. I registered on the forum today because I felt that I really needed to share this.

It would be a neat addition to fpse I think, what about you guys? Here are some screens of PCSXR:

Last edited by mrjaredbeta on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mrjaredbeta

Re: [REQ] Widescreen support

Postby mrjaredbeta » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:20 pm

Nothing? Not even 1 reply? I've got some more pics:

Dante3hs
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S i9000
Operating System: Android 2.3
ROM: stock

Postby Dante3hs » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:42 pm

the problem with this is not all games support it.

Dolphin (the GC/Wii emu) has something similar. It works for some games, but doesnt for others.

mrjaredbeta

Postby mrjaredbeta » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Dante3hs wrote:the problem with this is not all games support it.

Dolphin (the GC/Wii emu) has something similar. It works for some games, but doesnt for others.

I know about Dolphin, but this works for every game, just not the games with 2D backgrounds like Parasite Eve, Resident Evil, and Final Fantasy (It does, it is just the background is still stretched but the characters are normal and not stretched). So for 3D games, it works for every game such as: Dino Crisis, Silent Hill, Tekken, the Disney 3D games, Destruction Derby, Gran Turismo, etc.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:14 am

Mrjaredbeta - in the two screenshots you posted the first one does what you said about stretching the background. The second one has additional content which makes me think the 'before' pic is actually truncated.

Also, there an official feature request forum:
www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2647

Be sure to read the first post about rules. I dint know if this is a feature counts in the traditional since though in that you're asking about putting in a different program/code and not really asking to change/add a feature.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

mrjaredbeta

Postby mrjaredbeta » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:05 pm

bluezeak wrote:Mrjaredbeta - in the two screenshots you posted the first one does what you said about stretching the background. The second one has additional content which makes me think the 'before' pic is actually truncated.

Also, there an official feature request forum:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2647

Be sure to read the first post about rules. I dint know if this is a feature counts in the traditional since though in that you're asking about putting in a different program/code and not really asking to change/add a feature.

O.O Sorry, I didn't know about the feature request forum.

And in Tekken 2 and 3, the backgrounds are just 2D images which make the background stretched, but the ground and characters you can tell aren't from the extra space on the sides. I know it wasn't the best example to demonstrate it, but yes Silent Hill is a perfect example of its wonders...

EDIT: I changed the images to Dino Crisis for a better example.

Return to “General Discussion”