FPse crashes on load state

rorywalker
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Asus TF201
Operating System: Android ICS 4.0.3
ROM: Stock

FPse crashes on load state

Postby rorywalker » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:21 am

Hi, i've been playing FFIX for a little while now with no problems but now for seemingly no reason all my saves states for FF as well as others (Crash3, MGS) crash the emulator back to the home screen.
No idea what this is about as i've not changed anything since last time i played it and was able to load.

Any help you guys could give me would be wonderful as i so can't be bothered starting the game again haha.

Oh also, save states i create now can be loaded, but all my older ones from yesterday make the thing crash.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: FPse crashes on load state

Postby schtruck » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:43 pm

when that's happen, i suggest you to run the game until being in game, then loadstate.

rorywalker
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Asus TF201
Operating System: Android ICS 4.0.3
ROM: Stock

Postby rorywalker » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:47 pm

Thanks Schtruck, I've tried that and where it has worked in the past its not working now... Any other suggestions?

shawnbouton@yahoocom
Primary Device: sony s tablet
Operating System: 3.2.1 honeycomb
ROM: stock.... :(

Postby shawnbouton@yahoocom » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:57 am

yeah most my save states do that actually. some of my save states(mainly rpgs) play the sound with a blackscreen until viewing the menu(ingame) then back out then it loads the rest. kinda weird but hey i dont mind saving in game either not a biggy to me.

oxxmossxxo
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Droid INC2 Rooted
Operating System: 3474612615
ROM: Sabotage Sense V1.4 2.3.4

Postby oxxmossxxo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:50 pm

I've had a similar issue with games crashing when I try to load a previous savestate. BUT, if I load the game and let it play and then create a new savestate; it loads that one no problem. I did find a solution to my problem. I switch between sound on and off from time to time so I can listen to music instead of the game sounds. So, the states that I saved actually had sound, but when I'm trying to load them now, FPSE just crashes and goes back to my homescreen. I reload FPSE and turn *ALL* of my settings back to the state they were when I created the savestate and the saves load perfectly.

I guess there needs to be a new update to FPSE that will allow for saving state of the gave but not the state of the settings.

Return to “General Discussion”