Tablet version inc?

Clouds
Primary Device: DesireHD

Tablet version inc?

Postby Clouds » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:18 pm

Just wanted to ask if there are any plans for making the app tablet compatible? I mean yes its working alright, but it only gets upscaled. I've noticed that when you let it upscale it slows down the game pretty bad which is not showing in FPS. If you turn it off and let it strech it plays very smooth but doesnt look all that good because of the low resolution and stretching. This is in software mode, i dont think the hardware plugin is really usable atm with alot of games. There are many graphical glitches and game closes if I use it. It has a lot of potential though.

It would be nice to have a version that supports nativ tablet resolution (720p). There hardware of recent tablets certainly is more than capable :)

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Tablet version inc?

Postby schtruck » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:38 pm

i think you haven't check the OpenGL plugin, it use Native resolution and GFX are beautifull on big screen...

Clouds
Primary Device: DesireHD

Re: Tablet version inc?

Postby Clouds » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:52 pm

thx for the answer!

As i said the opengl plugin isnt really usable in many games that i like to play. It has many graphical glitches and slowdowns and for example FF9 will just randomly quit itself when i use it.
But you are right, 3D graphics look alot better with it. On the other hand 2d backgrounds like in Resident Evil series or Final Fantasy look worse. Maybe thase are issues with my chipset? (tegra3)

If the opengl modus worked flawelessly it would be a solution for tablet users. At the moment it isnt - at least for the games i like to play. Anyway if i had to choose one perfect opengl plugin or tablet optimized software plugin i'd say opengl anyday! :)

Also it would be nice to have the framework and stuff updated to the ics look :) I thought there's no harm in asking.

Return to “General Discussion”