[Q] Lots of questions before I buy the app.

AceWhatever
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: Gingerbread

[Q] Lots of questions before I buy the app.

Postby AceWhatever » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:28 pm

Hello.

I've recently bought an Xperia Play. I spent quite a bit of time researching emulators to run on it and seems to have gotten everything in order except for FPse. I hate to state the obvious, but there's an annoying lack of documentation for the Android version, which among other problems is making it difficult for me to jump in and just make the purchase.

For starters, I can't find the app on the market in my phone and looking at it through my google account on the PC tells me that it's not compatible with my R800i model. I'm not sure if this is a legitimate claim or some kind of carrier/region block.

Can I get the app the same way I could get the supporter version (paypal donation)? What are the differences between the three values for the support version?

As an aside, if I may address the webmaster for a bit:

- Please make it clear on the main page that FPse and FPseCE are separate things. Including the fact that the available documentation and PocketIso utility is strictly for the Windows Mobile version
- Please fix the error in the compatibility screen (if it's an issue of gruntwork, I wish to offer help in doing it if it's within my ability)

Appreciate the answers.

AceWhatever

Re: [Q] Lots of questions before I buy the app.

Postby AceWhatever » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:41 pm

Thanks for the replies and warm welcome!

I have determined that my issue is most likely a carrier block. :evil: The app won't show up through a normal search on the phone market or the web market. If I route myself there through a google search or QR code, the download link is disabled. The web version tells me the app is not compatible while the phone version tells me it's not available in my country (WTH?!). I tried using AppBrain but that didn't work because it just reroutes the install/download link to the google market even when I installed the two AppBarain apps. Market Unlocker requires me to root my phone and that's a mess I'd rather not get into right now. The app isn't on SlideMe either.

Bottom line, I can't get the app through the android market. Is there any way we can make an arrangement where I pay through Paypal and get sent the app and license to my email account?

AceWhatever

Postby AceWhatever » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Well hopefully Shtruck responds to my email soon since he got the same PM as you and frenchaddict several days ago.

AceWhatever

Postby AceWhatever » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:41 am

Thanks for your concern. Shtruck says that he can't process the license outside of the market. So short of rooting my phone to bypass the carrier block, the only thing I can do is wait for him to publish the app on a different market.

AceWhatever

Postby AceWhatever » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:49 pm

So here's an update on the situation:

I was planning to give in and root the phone so I can use carrier-altering apps but someone today brought to my attention that paid android apps are slowly becoming available here.

This is the url you get when searching for FPSE on google:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... fpse&hl=en

I could not buy the app from that link, but I was given a slightly different link that I was able to buy from (!):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rch_result

So yeah I finally have the app now. One tiny thing though, I seem to have bought the app twice due to a snafu when uninstalling an older unlicensed version. My transaction record says that the first purchase was cancelled, but can you guys check on your end to make sure? I also hope the market won't cause any regional problems when I need to update the app.

Thanks for the help and this great app!

Return to “General Discussion”