Final Fantasy VII Disc 3 [Freeze] **SPOILERS!**

Fuego
Primary Device: Xperia Play 4G (on T-Mobile)
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: Stock

Final Fantasy VII Disc 3 [Freeze] **SPOILERS!**

Postby Fuego » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:03 pm

Like the title says, I am having a freeze on the third Disc of FF7. I have played over 40 hours through the three discs and haven't had a freeze up to this point. My settings are:
System:
Only Fast Boot enabled
Country USA
Using a BIOS

Audio:
No Sound enabled
SPU Sync enabled

Video:
Framelimiter enabled
No Frameskip
Print FPS enabled
All others are disabled

I am using FPSE 0.11 (pre OpenGL updates) on a stock ROM 2.3.3 Xperia Play 4G.

Here is where the spoiler begins:
After facing Jenova and a couple of Sephiroth variations, Cloud gets sucked through some vortex to fight Sephiroth alone. It seems that right when the battle is supposed to start, the FPS drop to 2 and the game freezes. I can't seem to get past this point, and like I said, I haven't had any freezes or other glitches up til this point.

Any ideas? Has anyone else beaten the game and gotten past this point?

Thanks!

Fuego

Re: Final Fantasy VII Disc 3 [Freeze] **SPOILERS!**

Postby Fuego » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:08 pm

I wanted to post another freeze that I encountered.

At the battle square, when you are on the final (eigth) battle, you will sometimes fight this skeleton mounted on the front of a pirate ship thing. one of its abilities will grab Cloud (or whoever is fighting) and wave them in the air before flinging them out of the battle (what I assume is similar to what the Midgar Zolom does). At this point, the game freezes and stays at 2 FPS like my mention above.

Has anyone encountered this issue? I could have sworn I have read people beating all of FF7 using FPSe before. Could you chime in please? Maybe it was using FPSeCE.

Fuego

Postby Fuego » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:18 pm

So, I found something out that is a workaround, sorta, for one of the freezes. When I am fighting the last monster from the battle square (either the pirate ship or Proud Clod), certain attacks cause the game to freeze. I found that if I am in a menu (item, summon, magic, etc), then the game doesn't freeze. I can also have something selected and ready to go (cursor is on boss) and that will also allow me to continue. The risk you run is that if you execute the command, then your attack guage may not fill up and give you the opportunity to use the work around before the boss does one of his freeze moves.

This still doesn't address the battle at the end, as it froze before any input was available from me.

jlinto10
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S 4g
Operating System: Android

Postby jlinto10 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:16 am

Hello, I had the same problem at the same spot at the end of the game. Did you ever find a fix for the freeze before sephiroth?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S 4g btw.

Oceanic
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Motorola Milestone
ROM: CM7

Postby Oceanic » Sun May 20, 2012 7:29 am

Fuego wrote:I wanted to post another freeze that I encountered.

At the battle square, when you are on the final (eigth) battle, you will sometimes fight this skeleton mounted on the front of a pirate ship thing. one of its abilities will grab Cloud (or whoever is fighting) and wave them in the air before flinging them out of the battle (what I assume is similar to what the Midgar Zolom does). At this point, the game freezes and stays at 2 FPS like my mention above.

Has anyone encountered this issue? I could have sworn I have read people beating all of FF7 using FPSe before. Could you chime in please? Maybe it was using FPSeCE.

i found that there is a freeze when a single character is in the party and spells & summons are used. not only in the battle arena but in other situations too.

i'm trying to do every fort condor battle, this means you have to travel twice only with cloud from junon to fort condor. the game freezes when casting Beta, Choco/Mog and Ifrit in every battle. The freeze happens a frame before the enemy is hit.

one other recurring freeze i had with Tifa's Limit but only in the beginning of the game as soon a the party leaves Midgar.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun May 20, 2012 9:10 am

are you well playing with SPUSYNC to on?

Lightstalker
Primary Device: Galaxy S2

Postby Lightstalker » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Tried with no sound and it still froze.
Seems two things cause it:
- Only 1 person in your party
- You or the enemy uses a magic skill that takes a long time. For example, Knights of the Round will always freeze. But you can successfully cast certain spells that only have a few seconds of animation. This also has something to do with the time gauge, if your bar is at orange (ready to move, but haven't chosen anything), then the enemy can continuously casting spells that would otherwise freeze the game. As soon as you make a move, and the enemy casts that same spell, the game will freeze.

I have no idea why it only happens in this emulator though.

Batousay
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Z1 Compact
ROM: Stock 4.4.4

Postby Batousay » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:04 pm

Lightstalker wrote:Tried with no sound and it still froze.
Seems two things cause it:
- Only 1 person in your party
- You or the enemy uses a magic skill that takes a long time. For example, Knights of the Round will always freeze. But you can successfully cast certain spells that only have a few seconds of animation. This also has something to do with the time gauge, if your bar is at orange (ready to move, but haven't chosen anything), then the enemy can continuously casting spells that would otherwise freeze the game. As soon as you make a move, and the enemy casts that same spell, the game will freeze.

I have no idea why it only happens in this emulator though.

I also have the same problem.

Is there any thing we can do?
Like running an emulator apk which writes into a logfile some debug information or something like that?
I can reproduce the problem anytime I want.

Another thing I've noticed is that the game it's not really frozen. I mean.
If you enable frameskipping the sound continues and eventually it will finish the animation and return to normal state (so it's running at maybe 1fps).
If I summon knights of the round, the animation finishes in two hours aproximately.

edit: Forgot to post program versions and all that stuff.
FPSE 0.11.66
XPeria Play R800i Stock ROM 2.3.7
Bios: scph1001.bin
FF7 ROM: NTSC-U Version.

FPSE Settings:
Force Monocore & Fastboot -> ON
SPUSync + Reber + Pitch -> ON
Framelimiter + Print FPS + Special Screen size (4/3) + Force landscape -> ON

Thanks in advance.

n0manarmy
Primary Device: Moto Droid 3
Operating System: Win 7 x64
ROM: Stock 2.3

Postby n0manarmy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:58 pm

I'm having the same issue to. I've tried resetting any re-configuring everything with no luck. Can we enable some sort of debugging option to then send in for tracking what the problem is? Is this something I can get through abd with my phone connected through the dev kit? I'm using a galaxy nexus LTE

Return to “General Discussion”