Missing Menu items

binglee
Primary Device: Sony Tablet S
Operating System: Android 3.2.1

Missing Menu items

Postby binglee » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:28 am

Hi,
I just got FPse for andriod from the Market (0.11.11) and after a bit of mucking about I can get some games to load. One thing I can't seem to do now is that after the app is first started and after I select a BIOS there is no option to choose another bios or to not use a bios, unlike what's sugguested in the in-app help. Actually, many of the options described in that help are either moved to MISC menu or not there at all, and there are a bunch of new options.

Is there an update to the Setting menus option online somewhere? I've tried looking but I can't find it, can only find 0.10.1 and thats for the CE verison.

cc19
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Nexus
Operating System: Android 4.0
ROM: FF7, bin.

Re: Missing Menu items

Postby cc19 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:17 pm

I am also having this issue, where the settings described in the Help Section and/or Documentation are not present or findable. I appears that I need to mess with non-available settings in order to actually play FF7.

Is this due to a compatibility issue with Android 4? (Device: Galaxy Nexus)

Thanks,

i900frenchaddict
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs

Postby i900frenchaddict » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:00 pm

Most of the documentation you can find here was meant for the Windows Mobile version, really hard to configure compared to Fpse for Android
Android version has less options because they are not needed, or not possible with Android
Also the latest Fpse version with openGL required some restriction in the menu

As for the bios, why would you chose not using it? It's always better with a bios

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:09 am

I'm loving fpse, but I would love some actual decent documentation for Android. There's no description for what several off the options do. I downloaded the manual - which as you said was for windows. Checked the faq, and checked the market description a couple times.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

binglee
Primary Device: Sony Tablet S
Operating System: Android 3.2.1

Postby binglee » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Ta. Hope you guys can find the time to get a manual (even if its a post in this forum) to quickly describe all the new options. Wanted the bios swapping options for testing purposes. Btw is there a way to comfirm its loaded or do I just trust its there :)

i900frenchaddict
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs

Postby i900frenchaddict » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:28 pm

if it's not loaded, HLE enables (and a message will displays that there's no bios, HLE enabled, if loading a bios)

As for the menu options, most of them are easily understandable, but maybe it's just because I was used to have much more complicated settings in WinMo ^^

Which options would you like to see explained?

Return to “General Discussion”