Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Neo V
Operating System: Android
ROM: spyro

Can't get Fpse to work

Postby 1cheekykunt » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:42 am

I'm using Sony erricson Neo V

- Installed the FPse program - fine
- Downloaded games - fine
- Opened program...Followed instructions (system> Bio loading > SD Card > Game) - Won't work

Even tried another method, but it won't pick up the game(s)...or anything!! No idea what to do, I'm sure the file types of the games are right, they end in ".bin" and are around 200-500mb. I've tried extracting the files, putting them in zipped/unzipped, tried games from different sites.

I know my device can run the game, just not sure why it's not working

Any help? Thanks.

1cheekykunt
Fresh Fish

Re: Can't get Fpse to work

Postby 1cheekykunt » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:25 pm

bump

1cheekykunt
Fresh Fish

Postby 1cheekykunt » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Q-Ball wrote:You said "it's not working". What do you mean by that? Do you have black screen, or emulator just crash? Or maybe you get some kind of error message.
Please be more specific.

Also it will help if you will post here the name of your device and android version.

Sorry, it's mainly just a blank screen, here is a screenshot of the process

And my device is the...

Sony Ericsson Neo V - Android OS v2.3.4 Gingerbread
1 GHz Scorpion CPU, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 chipset
512 MB RAM

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:26 pm

This is the screen to set the BIOS file, right?

Is that what you're trying to do? Because a BIOS file isn't the same as an ISO file to run a game.

You need to set the BIOS file first, which is usually called "SCPH1001.BIN".

Once that is set, you can run games. If you want you can just ignore setting a BIOS and fpse will run in "HLE" mode (High Level Emulation).
It will work, with some features not working properly.

Anyway, when you get to that screen, navigate to where your BIOS file is.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

1cheekykunt
Fresh Fish

Postby 1cheekykunt » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Thanks for the help guys but I think I'm gonna give up on this, I'm either stupidly unlucky or just stupidly stupid.

I think the download of my original emulator was slightly faulty. I installed different versions of the same emulator and one crashed every time I tried to load a rom, and the other says "must be in bios mode" even though i'm sure I already am (since I installed the bios file).

It's ok, I'll just leave it and may come back to it in the future, thanks though!

word up
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: galaxy 2 skyrocket
Operating System: android
ROM: ?

Postby word up » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Hello I am having trouble with fpse myself, and forgive me I am not tech savvy I just enjoy gaming.

I've downloaded the BIOS file and its sitting in my files but it wont let me open it, even when I open fpse I go through the folders looking for that file but I can't find it. I've downloaded a few games already and they don't show up in fpse either. Are these files in the wrong format? Do i have to use a computer to set up fpse?

moneybags
Primary Device: Samsung galaxy s3
Operating System: android
ROM: stock

Postby moneybags » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:25 am

I'm not sure if the galaxy S3 has the same file system as the s2 but I had a similar problem did you try going into /mnt/sdcard-ext.? Another forum member helped me out and it worked by going into that. It might also be the same issue as author's

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4

Postby bluezeak » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:17 pm

when you choose the bios I believe that there's no notification that it accepts the bios - I think it just goes straight to the load game screen. That's normal, just choose a game at that point. To turn off the bios go to menu, misc, bios, then click the back button on your phone. This will put the phone into 'hle' mode, which disables the bios. Games should work (mostly) but you can't save or use save states. Does FPSE work in HLE mode?

To load the bios, again, go to menu, misc, bios, choose bios (as moneybags said you may need to go to /mnt/sdcard-ect if that's how your phone works to access the sdcard). It may immediately go to the game selection screen (select iso to load screen). IF so choose game. Or, it may just go back to the menu or game. I recommend you exit FPSE immediatly after choosing BIOS if that happens to make sure the bios setting 'sticks'. Then reload FPSE and it should go to the game load screen, and when you load your game you should NOT get the 'HLE loaded' popup.

If you can't get the bios loaded, you may try uninstalling FPSE, I've heard that soemtimes that fixes it. If you have any save games or save states, be sure to back them up first by going to menu, misc, backup. This backs your settings and saves and memcards to /sdcard/fpsebackup. After you reload it you can import settings - but I wouldn't. I would copy the savestates and memory cards to another folder (with a file browser like astro) then from inside fpse go to menu, misc, and then go to the different options to choose your memory card and save state locations. choose the folder you copied them to.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

playabygenes
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.0

Postby playabygenes » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:11 pm

Somebody please help! I have the Galaxy S3, I've already downloaded twisted metal 2 & 3, and the SPC.10001. Thing already. When I start it up I select the bios(spc1001) then it says to choose an iso, but when I go to choose the games. They are nowhere to be found! Any help would be great, thanks!

playabygenes
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.0

Postby playabygenes » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Well I've tried moving the games from the phone memory, to my sd card. Either way it won't show up! I make a folder for it and the folder appears when I look for it, but no games inside. And I can't pull up a menu with the menu button.
Attachments
Screenshot_2012-08-24-17-16-04.png
Screenshot_2012-08-24-17-16-04.png (23.65 KiB) Viewed 20415 times

Return to “General Discussion”