fpse gpu plugins

leglerreddin
Primary Device: HTC One
Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
ROM: Android revolution HD 51.0 sense 5.5

Re: fpse gpu plugins

Postby leglerreddin » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:32 am

i900frenchaddict wrote:
leglerreddin wrote:Looks great but runs like crap with many glitches on evo 3d, when its more polished and has more options in the video settings, ill be all in

On my HTC Sensation, so almost the same CPU and same GPU, only the menus have glitches (on the games I've tried at least).
Do you have glitches ingame? I've tried Tekken3, wipeout, FF8, gran Turismo, etc => I have glitches only in the menus, but most of the time what is written still can be read, only the background image is messed up.
Is it different for you?

Sensation and evo 3d both use a snapdragon s3 with a adreno 220 gpu, so it is the same, and tons of glitches on ff7, plus it runs really slow regardless of the settings, which is a shame sinse our gpu is very powerful and with the software plugin it looks terrible

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:38 am

Two screen shots of Chrono Cross.. one with this plugin and one without.. graphics way better with plugin but game runs too slow. Now if the speed could get fixed than this plugin would be nice. BTW ignore the black triangular section seems screen shot software adds it because it does not exist on the actual screen itself.
Attachments
shot_000002.png
with plugin
shot_000002.png (378.56 KiB) Viewed 15082 times
shot_000001.png
Without plugin
shot_000001.png (550.69 KiB) Viewed 15082 times

Magnumutz
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Postby Magnumutz » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:25 am

Nice improvement in graphics, but nasty speed drop...

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:05 pm

and with the 0.11.11 and the new plugin in 32bits mode?

leglerreddin
Primary Device: HTC One
Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
ROM: Android revolution HD 51.0 sense 5.5

Postby leglerreddin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:28 pm

schtruck wrote:and with the 0.11.11 and the new plugin in 32bits mode?

Ive tried the new plugin and fpse and changed every setting around, definately something the matter with this on adreno 220, which is retarded because it is one on the best mobile gpus out there, disappointing, the fpse for old school windows mobile 5 looked better, and ran great too, maybe it was just the type of chipset working better?

fyatwyrio
Primary Device: tmobile LG G2x
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: stock

Postby fyatwyrio » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:00 am

Tegra 2 has a pretty big drop as well, no difference with new plug in options

Clouds
Primary Device: DesireHD

Postby Clouds » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:44 pm

So here's my feedback on FPSE 11.11 with newest plugin. I run it on a DesireHd with Adreno205 GPU (cpu clock @1075mhz singlecore).

I tested mostly with Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, as this is one of my favorite games.

Software mode: runs perfect @ constant 60fps. (havent found a game that doesnt run smooth yet!)

OpenGL plugin: runs @45-55 fps. This is with frameskip/framelimit enabled. (Other games i tested like FF7 and Resident Evil 2 have similar fps problems. FF7 also has graphical glitches in menus and battle scenes.

The 32bits mode you mentioned seems impossible to enable on my device. If i enable it and close the settings then go back to settings its not ticked again. (What effect should this have?)

I think the main "problem" why its not running smooth is resolution. From the looks of things it seems to be rendered in native display resolution (800x480 on the DHD) and of course it looks amazing! But I think it would be great to have an option to render it in the original psx resolution which is usually 320x240 (640x480 in some rare cases). Just so we can achieve max fps easier.

Another strange thing i observed: If i enable the frameskip but disable the framelimiter i get 70-100fps. Obviously it runs way to fast and is unplayable that way. But with framelimiter enabled its under 50fps.

At last :) This is completly subjectiv but i really dont like the new menus. It doesnt make things easier at all and reduces the choices for settings like Framskip. I liked that i could choose how many frames should be skipped for example.

My post seems negative and it shouldnt be. This is all GREAT STUFF! I love the emulator and i'm fine with software mode anyway. Just wanted to share my experiences.
I'm really looking forward to testing this on my Transformer Prime which should arrive any day :D

molitar
Enthusiast

Postby molitar » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:57 am

In Chrono Cross:

Ok I did some further testing on my EVO 3D and I discovered that if I used OpenGL plugin and muted audio with frameskip I am getting 52-60 fps. That is a big jump from 28fps. So it seems something to do with the OpenGL and Audio is causing the issue. During combat I got up to 77fps during the combat and faster at times. So the issue appears to be something to do with Audio. I'm up for further testing if you have something you wish me to try to figure out why this is.

Secondly turning on dual core or turning it off made absolutely no difference so that shows the plugin can not be using dual core at all.

Ok further testing also shows FPSE hates Chainfire! Uninstalled driver and now getting around 54 fps with sound now.

molitar
Enthusiast

Postby molitar » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Latest version with the opengl plugin I can not get to start.. it crashes back to load ISO or the desktop screen.

molitar
Enthusiast

Postby molitar » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:19 am

Rooted Stock.. so no changes but a rooted stock ROM. Eventually I'll get it to work but takes me many attempts.. once it works works good.. but I have noticed major bug during battles in Chrono Cross on the pirate ship the picture goes all blocky than resolves itself in the actual combat scene.

Return to “General Discussion”